sharetrader
Page 382 of 383 FirstFirst ... 282332372378379380381382383 LastLast
Results 3,811 to 3,820 of 3830

Quote Originally Posted by FTG View Post
    From a TA perspective, for the med-long term investors there MAY be some signs of green shoots (pun intended) starting to appear with the GNE share price.

A low was printed late Oct (nicely coinciding with bond markets printing an interim bottom), and there has been 10% move to the upside since.

BUT on a cautionary note, the move up has been rather laboured, and certainly not on an expanding volume basis.

GNE is now kissing a reasonably significant downward trend line (originating in Jan 2021), along with the 200 EMA. Will it clearly breakthrough, & hold above this zone?
    I rolled the dice on them in the 2.40’s and pleased to see them increasing their market share with customer base. I anticipate a drier summer limiting renewables from hydro generation and huntly back in line is well placed to capitalize on this. Comparing to other gentailers it’s share price has underperformed, maybe with the investing into solar versus maximizing dividends is part of that but my simple thought on it is more upside than down. Not anticipating stellar performance but room for improvement.

Quote Originally Posted by rabcat View Post
    From what I've read the country needs Huntley to provide power to keep the system working when there is no wind or sun etc. However at this time Huntley uses fossil fuels, which in the long term is a problem.
    So why can't GNE change Huntley over to run on Hydrogen which is a clean energy? Then everyone would be happy.
    Sčems to me they could make hydrogen in the middle of the night when there is excess electricity in the system.
    Movie stars making predictions about the future has a mixed history, but I'm not going to let that stop me.

Someone will build a 1,000Mw thermal power station adjacent to the Auckland Isthmus within the next ten years. It will be needed to keep the lights on.

Boop boop de do
    Marilyn
    Diamonds are a girls best friend.

Quote Originally Posted by Marilyn Munroe View Post
    Movie stars making predictions about the future has a mixed history, but I'm not going to let that stop me.

Someone will build a 1,000Mw thermal power station adjacent to the Auckland Isthmus within the next ten years. It will be needed to keep the lights on.

Boop boop de do
    Marilyn
    No chance of getting resource consent

That is why Huntly is such a valuable (and under-valued) asset. It already has resource consent and emissions allowances for over 1000 MW of thermal

It is also why the government stopping Lake Onslow was such a short-sighted moronic decision. But that chapter is history now

good news for S/H

Thousands of Kiwis' power bills are about to get more expensive after Genesis Energy revealed it's raising its prices again

https://www.newshub.co.nz/home/new-z...ice-hikes.html
    one step ahead of the herd

Quote Originally Posted by bull.... View Post
    good news for S/H

Thousands of Kiwis' power bills are about to get more expensive after Genesis Energy revealed it's raising its prices again

Consumers to pay more …shareholders taking a 20% cut in divies

Got to pay for things somehow eh
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

good news for S/H

That article was clearly written by an imbecile, and never peer reviewed

One customer's power bill going from $0.60/day to $0.90/day. So this "customer" uses no power and doesn't pay GST??? The low user tariff is increasing from $0.60/day to $0.90/day plus GST.

One customer's power bill "doubled", with a 1.6% average increase. A doubling would be 100%........

The low user tariff was never targeted as helping low income families. It was targeted by the government at promoting energy efficiencies (savings) and to avoid penalising ICP's that use very little power like bach's

It was labour that decided that low income families were missing out on these low user tarrifs, so Labour mandated their phase out over 5 or 6 years, with a review at the midpoint

Anyway, GNE did state their intention to pass these annual low user tariff increases along in February every year. So this isn't really a new occurrence, they did it last February as well

Personally I recently locked into a 5 year solar power fixed plan with Meridian, so no increases for me for another 4.5 years and a super-good buy-back rate for my excess solar power

I will note that GNE was previously my electricity supplier, but would not match the Meridian offer. I gave them two chances to retain my business before switching. So much for customer retention, maybe that team has been disestablished???
    Last edited by xafalcon; 24-01-2024 at 12:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by xafalcon View Post

One customer's power bill going from $0.60/day to $0.90/day. So this "customer" uses no power and doesn't pay GST??? The low user tariff is increasing from $0.60/day to $0.90/day plus GST.

One customer's power bill "doubled", with a 1.6% average increase. A doubling would be 100%........

The low user tariff was never targeted as helping low income families. It was targeted by the government at promoting energy efficiencies (savings) and to avoid penalising ICP's that use very little power like bach's

It was labour that decided that low income families were missing out on these low user tarrifs, so Labour mandated their phase out over 5 or 6 years, with a review at the midpoint

Anyway, GNE did state their intention to pass these annual low user tariff increases along in February every year. So this isn't really a new occurrence, they did it last February as well

Personally I recently locked into a 5 year solar power fixed plan with Meridian, so no increases for me for another 4.5 years and a super-good buy-back rate for my excess solar power

I will note that GNE was previously my electricity supplier, but would not match the Meridian offer. I gave them two chances to retain my business before switching. So much for customer retention, maybe that team has been disestablished???
    Customer retention teams basically don't exist anymore. Labour put a end to that too. I use to be with mercury and everytime I'd go to leave they would offer me deals. Sometimes I said no and they would still come back cheaper. From memory I was locked in for two year and achieved a night time rate of 9cent s a kW great with the electric car. Since then I've been with genisis, electric kiwi and now powershop. Electric kiwi would be one of the most expensive now from the cheapest 2 year years ago. I shop around alot 😊

i dont think gne will miss you they are gaining customers overall and churn is trending down nicely. you must have been in a zone where they dont need to compete hard

i dont think gne will miss you they are gaining customers overall and churn is trending down nicely. you must have been in a zone where they dont need to compete hard
    Yes, I know you are correct. We have a huge solar power system, I built some massive home batteries from EV batteries, and we are a net power exporter. So they made their money from us by arbitrage on our solar export

But being a shareholder, I really wanted to stay with GNE. Plus, I liked their EVerywhere plan

Anyway, GNE seem to be doing OK on customer numbers for the past few years

Yes, I know you are correct. We have a huge solar power system, I built some massive home batteries from EV batteries, and we are a net power exporter. So they made their money from us by arbitrage on our solar export

But being a shareholder, I really wanted to stay with GNE. Plus, I liked their EVerywhere plan

Anyway, GNE seem to be doing OK on customer numbers for the past few years
    i imagine payback was relatively quick on your solar setup.
    i have a nice big nth facing into the sun skillon roof perfect for a large solar setup but unfortunately for me financials just dont stack up going solar. at payback it wouldnt be long after that the panels would need replacing again. so no go