sharetrader
Page 386 of 388 FirstFirst ... 286336376382383384385386387388 LastLast
Results 3,851 to 3,860 of 3876

Well they just put up my bottled gas prices by 60%. That's got to be a win for shareholders 😂

Quote Originally Posted by Joshuatree View Post
    Great question WD and responses team,👍
    Fwiw Craig's have a neutral rating and favour CEN,MEL and MCY over GNE with MWA last

"Key risks include structural and regulatory change, wholesale an retail competition, and project development risk."
    Thanks to all for the valuable thoughts and input.

I don’t see regulatory change as a big risk under National. We are already facing the challenges of supply demands from labour/greens which is rapidly decreasing and with this comes public awareness relative to pricing.

Its not without risk, SP price is offsetting this a bit, I like their EV/PHEV plan with taking pricing plan to public chargers and I suspect why they are gradually increasing customer base over the year. Might sit back for a little bit longer and see if the declining SP shows some better signals.

Gas supply is confirmed as insufficient to supply contracted volumes. Huntly to import more coal. Other generators to consider funding coal stockpile. In a perverse way, this is all good news for GNE - higher gas prices, higher electricity prices, forces the issue of coal funding, potentially raises the issue of funding thermal generation stay in business costs

Guru

Labour got the blame for coal imports caused by dry weather, I wonder if national will get the blame for coal imports caused by poor gas supply. Probably easier than having a mature discussion on where to proceed now that Onslow has been ditched

Guru

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/...JDZPHOMFPYEXE/

I wonder if Aderns decision on exploration had any bearing on this ? I guess not for this near term shortage.
    Do we have coal in NZ that we should be mining instead of importing ?

Quote Originally Posted by RTM View Post
    https://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/...JDZPHOMFPYEXE/

I wonder if Aderns decision on exploration had any bearing on this ? I guess not for this near term shortage.
    Do we have coal in NZ that we should be mining instead of importing ?

Lots of coal in NZ …good quality stuff as well

Seems stupid importing
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

There is gas under the ground in NZ too.

But as NZO has stated. We can make more money drilling for gas in Australia then shipping it back to NZ.

The consumer pays at the end of the day.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post

Seems stupid importing
    Met a guy some time back from NZ who owned a coal mine in Indonesia. Yes our NZ coal is good, but the mining they were doing in Indonesia was profitable. He said he would struggle to make money here in NZ. He also exported his coal to NZ.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post

Seems stupid importing
    If NZ coal production is subject to export contracts, then it would make sense to import for Huntly's stockpile. Also I think the type and grade of the coal can be important.

I am not sure how the cost of extraction from NZ mines for the volumes required compare with overseas sources of coal.