sharetrader
Page 44 of 386 FirstFirst ... 344041424344454647485494144 ... LastLast
    Advanced Member

Default Trick Question

Have bought 9000 shares in the ipo, if i decide to buy another 9000 shares after it lists, then decide to sell 9000 shares 5 or 6 months later . Do i still get the bonus shares? How do they know which shares i have sold? ...the ipo shares or the after ipo shares?

Quote Originally Posted by see weed View Post
    Have bought 9000 shares in the ipo, if i decide to buy another 9000 shares after it lists, then decide to sell 9000 shares 5 or 6 months later . Do i still get the bonus shares? How do they know which shares i have sold? ...the ipo shares or the after ipo shares?
    Entitlements will be based on the 'lowest number' of shares held continuously in the same name for 12 months. So says the IS.

Reincarnated Panthera Snow Leopard's Avatar

Cool Only Tuesday - feels more Fridayish to me

Quote Originally Posted by see weed View Post
    The IPO shares have a little tag sellotaped to them "Keep this to claim your free gift on 17th April 2015".

Make sure that Link keep your shoe-box (where they put your shares) inside in an air-conditioned room so the tag does not unstick.
    With lots of new investors coming on board they tend to stick lots of the shoe-boxes under tarpaulins out the back of the office

Best Wishes
    Paper Tiger
    om mani peme hum

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Paper Tiger View Post
    The IPO shares have a little tag sellotaped to them "Keep this to claim your free gift on 17th April 2015".

Make sure that Link keep your shoe-box (where they put your shares) inside in an air-conditioned room so the tag does not unstick.
    With lots of new investors coming on board they tend to stick lots of the shoe-boxes under tarpaulins out the back of the office

Best Wishes
    Paper Tiger
    Thanks for that Paper Tiger, now I know why they requested my old shoe boxes last time they contacted me. I was able to provide two. A shoe box is about the right proportion too for a share certificate so I think Link do have the competitive advantage over Computershare who still used those plastic takeaway dishes (with the lid), which means they have to fold them in half or even quarters for the bigger certificates.

Quote Originally Posted by blackcap View Post
    Thanks for that Paper Tiger, now I know why they requested my old shoe boxes last time they contacted me. I was able to provide two. A shoe box is about the right proportion too for a share certificate so I think Link do have the competitive advantage over Computershare who still used those plastic takeaway dishes (with the lid), which means they have to fold them in half or even quarters for the bigger certificates.
    Sorry to break the bad news to you both, but those shoe boxes have been compulsorily acquired under the Public Works Act, and are designated as Affordable Housing for Auckland City.

Quote Originally Posted by Xerof View Post
    Sorry to break the bad news to you both, but those shoe boxes have been compulsorily acquired under the Public Works Act, and are designated as Affordable Housing for Auckland City.
    LOL It will indeed be very interesting to see how this allocation plays out. Two of the extremly attractive aspects of this offer was that the institutions had to set the price by a book build process without knowing how many they would be allocated and then retail investors get to decide how many they want to apply for after seeing the analysts reports and the price is set. On top of that retail investors get the 1:15 top up next year if they hold until then whereas the institutions and overseas investors don't.

To my way of viewing things retail investors have finally got one over institutions for once in their life, doesn't it feel really sweet The caveat on that is this is based on the fragile assumption that retail investors get a fair and reasonable allocation...one suspects the big institutions always have the last laugh or is this me just being cynical...I guess we'll find out tomorrow.
    Last edited by Beagle; 15-04-2014 at 03:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by snapiti View Post
    is it link or computer share that is the registry
    Computershare are the registry for Genesis. Link are the registry that sends balances out by txt.

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    To my way of viewing things retail investors have finally got one over institutions for once in their life
    Retail investors notionally allocated 9% of total float.

Broker allocations estimated to be scaled by around 20%.

Institutions (NZ/overseas) that bid, apparently no scaling at all.

Sounds like the same old story to the hog, but the lipstick has been applied a bit neater on this one than the previous two, so a bit more fat for the little people.
    warthog ... muddy and smelly

Have received my broker shares. Scaled by the full 20%. Still waiting for the public pool allocation.
    Last edited by biker; 16-04-2014 at 08:01 AM.

When is the public pool allocation announced?