sharetrader
Page 5 of 383 FirstFirst 1234567891555105 ... LastLast

Default Whaddya mean forward load?

Quote Originally Posted by horus1 View Post
    The error is in the definition of forward load.
    horus1 what do you mean by 'forward load' and what is your opinion about the future trend for this?

Boop boop de do
    Marilyn

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by RTM View Post
    If it seems to good to be true...then it probably is ?
    Yes - my exclamination marks can be read two ways:

- Great yeild - buy
    - High yeild warning that there is something wrong.

Until we see how the market prices the shares, and therefore the yeild (ie. if the price doubles on listing, the yeild would sound about right), it is hard to tell, but one suggests that government wouldn't leave that much on the table so expect dividends to fall.

Forward load is the future volume of electricity being sold. it is declining per customer by about 2% per year and has been at that level for about 2 to 3 years. The retailers make most of there money of the domestic customers who are the ones with declining load. If you want to see what can happen look at EON a german generation company. The german s had cross subsidies for solar as did the AUstralians but declining costs of alternative electricity sources have meant the same thing will happen here but more slowly . I couldn't see these risks in the prospectus and the statement about the forward volumes was non specific.Bill English said loads were reducing after the Meridian float but shut up very quickly. This is only my opinion and I could be wrong.

The following post on Cameron Slater`s blog today was in response to his blurb about a former Prime Minister promoting David Cunliffe`s lawyer wife opening her legal practice on a company basis recently. Whale Oil were drawing a parallel with accusations made about Minister Judith Collins compromising China visit. viz

"There must become if not already, a real conflict of interest when Cunliffe's wife handles the work for, "all but one of New Zealand's major electricity generators." With the Labour Greens power company regulation policy, surely there is a massive conflict?"

If that quoted statement is true does it have a bearing upon possible policy of a Green/Labour Government ?

Guru

What is the max amount of bonus shares you can earn?

is it 2000 or 2000/15=133 or about $200 worth? Hardly an incentive if the later which I think it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Harvey Specter View Post
    ... do you *yield?!

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Harvey Specter View Post
    What is the max amount of bonus shares you can earn?

is it 2000 or 2000/15=133 or about $200 worth? Hardly an incentive if the later which I think it is.
    Up to 2000 bonus shares. So if you want the maximum of bonus shares you have to apply for 30,000 shares.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by silu View Post
    Up to 2000 bonus shares. So if you want the maximum of bonus shares you have to apply for 30,000 shares.
    thats good. If I do invest it will be for between 2 - 30k shares so I wanted to ensure I would get the bonus on all.

I don't think I will read the IS this time till the price is set and the independent reports are out. Someone printed it at work today - it's a big read!

percy

I have changed my mind,and have expressed my interest to my broker.
    Should I get them I can a least vote against "the chair's "re election when ever that happens!!! lol.

I noted one commentator predicting a $3.00 + Share Price for Genesis by the end of the year, is this analysis realistic or just a throw away comment with no prospect/