sharetrader
Page 53 of 383 FirstFirst ... 34349505152535455565763103153 ... LastLast

well it makes for a very interesting day tomorrow

Quote Originally Posted by GR8DAY View Post
    ........yep ditto same waste of time, applied for 50000 got 3226!!.........hardly worth the effort. Only blame myself tho, shouldve got off the mark earlier and spoken directly with broker....lesson learnt!

Some brokers are expecting listing price of $1.65 to $1.70 so treat the potential $500 gain as a gift from Bill English for election year.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Jaa View Post
    They seem to have applied a $5k or 3226 share limit. A waste of time.

How many shares did overseas institutions get to day trade while us longer term punters get screwed as normal?

The whole asset sales process, a flagship policy of the National Party has been horribly run and in anything but the national interest. What a joke the clowns won't be getting my vote.
    IMO, the Labour/Green coalition acted shamefully in this whole process as well. For maximum machievellian political impact, they waited for the last minute to announce their power policy thereby lowering the price achievable. They then claimed MRP was sold off too cheaply! Although they have been quiet on that front recently...

Overall, the whole sorry process has done nothing to encourage NZ Mums and Dads back into the share market and politics on all sides has shown us why Kiwis will continue to invest in rental real estate as overwhelmingly their main investment.

There's something not right here. At $1.55 the shares were always going to be sought after. It appears Mum and Dad (and me) were last in line.

A bit of false advertising on the govt's part. I'd be keen to know how the people that went through brokers got on.

Reincarnated Panthera Snow Leopard's Avatar

Exclamation Late for the meeting

Quote Originally Posted by Goldstein View Post
    There's something not right here. At $1.55 the shares were always going to be sought after. It appears Mum and Dad (and me) were last in line.

A bit of false advertising on the govt's part. I'd be keen to know how the people that went through brokers got on.
    read the last 5 pages then

Best Wishes
    Paper Tiger
    om mani peme hum

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Goldstein View Post
    I'd be keen to know how the people that went through brokers got on.
    If you were lucky enough to get an allocation from your broker, which they would have scaled depending on how much they like you, they you got that less a 20% haircut from the Govt.

Note: I didn't try as I already know my broker doesn't like me.
    Last edited by Harvey Specter; 16-04-2014 at 01:24 PM.

Fair enough. Mum and Dad did have a function - a hedge against instituions not being interested. Congrats to those who have a goog relationsship with a good broker.

I've just checked via the NZX site what my broker firm allocation was scaled by and it was exactly 20%.
    Wonder if this was universal?
    Couldn't see there what I got from the Public Pool when checking earlier today!

tsb

You guys should think positively - think how many bonus shares the government has saved by denying the mums and dads investors.

God you people moan and cry a lot.

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa I thought I was the only one who spied value and now I can't get rich quick.

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa this is the government's fault waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa I'm so upset because I'm a mum and/or dad and now I can't stag as much as I wanted so I'll pretend I wanted to hold long term to stop shares being sold overseas.