sharetrader
Page 97 of 389 FirstFirst ... 478793949596979899100101107147197 ... LastLast
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by horus1 View Post
    Shouldn't the oil price affect this share price or is it just Div Yld driving it
    I think they may have a long term take or pay contract for Kupe gas, and contracts for coal, not sure if the imported coal market would be affected, probably not much though surely ?

Who knows where sentiment will wobble thing off too, might add to a buying opportunity at some point if at all.

Japan Mega-Pension Shifts to Stocks

- Japan’s $1.2 trillion public pension fund said Friday it plans to take more aggressive bets by slashing how much money it puts in domestic bonds and ramping up its investments in stocks.
    - The dramatic portfolio shift at the Government Pension Investment Fund is aimed at boosting the retirement incomes of the fund’s 67 million participants.
    - Under the new allocation guidelines, Japanese stocks and foreign stocks will each take up 25% of the fund’s holdings, up from 12% each previously.
    - A one-percentage-point change to its portfolio could mean a shift of more than 1 trillion yen ($9 billion). wsj.

The fund is under pressure to from prime minister Shinzo Abe to shift funds to riskier, higher yielding investments to support the fast aging population, reuters

Could be good for genesis if the fund is looking for income - Genesis has the highest yield on the nzx of stable companies I believe

Maybe ill send them a email to give them a heads up on the opportunity
    Last edited by bull....; 01-11-2014 at 08:25 AM. Reason: more
    one step ahead of the herd

Can those depth numbers be right?
    13 buyers at $2.17!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by penn View Post
    Can those depth numbers be right?
    13 buyers at $2.17!
    Look up "pre-market auction" and "match price"

Big day for the divvy hounds who will no doubt already be aware that Genesis is only paying out 80% of cash flow and the market is extremely well supported in terms of generation needs for the foreseeable future which leaves open the possibility of dividend guidance being conservatively stated.

Ah! Looks like bull.... sent that e-mail to mr Abe.

Genesis offers the best yield of the gentailers at current prices so by my workings to match the average yield of the other gentailers if we are purely looking at yields the share price would need to go over $3 to meet the average of course it doesnt take into account any of the other gentailers increasing there dividends this making the average yield increase.

Quote Originally Posted by bull.... View Post
    Genesis offers the best yield of the gentailers at current prices so by my workings to match the average yield of the other gentailers if we are purely looking at yields the share price would need to go over $3 to meet the average of course it doesnt take into account any of the other gentailers increasing there dividends this making the average yield increase.
    I think the dividend will decrease once the gas runs out. However that is a long time away .

Quote Originally Posted by bung5 View Post
    I think the dividend will decrease once the gas runs out. However that is a long time away .
    2028? of top my head and yes would be a loss in revenue but on the other side they wouldnt be left selling gas for a loss in the wholesale market
    Actually consensus is for them to increase div to .17c for 2016

Quote Originally Posted by bull.... View Post
    2028? of top my head and yes would be a loss in revenue but on the other side they wouldnt be left selling gas for a loss in the wholesale market
    Actually consensus is for them to increase div to .17c for 2016
    Bull

A naive question from a relatively new investor

at the dividend yields shouldn,t the SP be at least $2.50?