sharetrader
Page 244 of 383 FirstFirst ... 144194234240241242243244245246247248254294344 ... LastLast
Results 2,431 to 2,440 of 3828
    Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    Daily fixed rate by the lines company is on top of that, about $1.75 per day inclusive of GST. Then there's the electricity authority levy which I think is about 0.15 cents per kw/hr and that's it. No discounts or anything like that, just the 15.4 cents per kw hr incl of GST and the above. Very sharp price and locked in for 3 years so happy days until the end of February 2022 ! MEL had a very special deal for Aucklanders. Don't ask me how they expect to make money out of it what with transmission costs of about 8-9 cents per kw/hr from memory.
    Yes the transmission costs are close to 10 cents, so to think that they are giving you power at 5.4 whilst the spot price is 13-15. That is why I think you have the deal of the century. 15.4 incl GST is crazy. (Yes I am a bit jealous thinking I have a good deal at 22 cents)!

Quote Originally Posted by blackcap View Post
    Yes the transmission costs are close to 10 cents, so to think that they are giving you power at 5.4 whilst the spot price is 13-15. That is why I think you have the deal of the century. 15.4 incl GST is crazy. (Yes I am a bit jealous thinking I have a good deal at 22 cents)!
    Thanks, I think I'm actually going to enjoy paying my power bills for the next 3 years lol.
    Last edited by Beagle; 18-03-2019 at 05:57 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Thanks, I think I'm actually going to enjoy paying my power bills for the next 3 years lol.
    It is a crazy rate Beagle, paying 22cent KW however your daily fixed rate is relatively high, near double mine...all down to usage hmmmm

Quote Originally Posted by Raz View Post
    It is a crazy rate Beagle, paying 22cent KW however your daily fixed rate is relatively high, near double mine...all down to usage hmmmm
    Yeap its a blinder of a deal but no discounts for prompt payment. I presume you and Blackcap get prompt payment discounts off your 22 cents per kw / hr ?
    I think the $1.75 a day thing here is because of all the trees around Titirangi that keep falling on the power lines. Vector too mean to underground the supply.

Anyway back to GNE. I find it more than a little interesting how tight the supply situation is getting in N.Z. Crazy that the wholesale spot rate has been in the $200-300 mw/hr for many, many months now. I suspect GNE with its well diversified generation capability will do extremely well for the foreseeable future. $3 looks likely sometime soon I reckon and I note it still trades cum an 8.45 cps interim divvy that from memory is about 80% imputed. ex date is 2 April I think.
    Last edited by Beagle; 19-03-2019 at 08:20 AM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Yeap its a blinder of a deal but no discounts for prompt payment. I presume you and Blackcap get prompt payment discounts off your 22 cents per kw / hr ?
    I think the $1.75 a day thing here is because of all the trees around Titirangi that keep falling on the power lines. Vector too mean to underground the supply.

Anyway back to GNE. I find it more than a little interesting how tight the supply situation is getting in N.Z. Crazy that the wholesale spot rate has been in the $200-300 mw/hr for many, many months now. I suspect GNE with its well diversified generation capability will do extremely well for the foreseeable future. $3 looks likely sometime soon I reckon and I note it still trades cum an 8.45 cps interim divvy that from memory is about 80% imputed. ex date is 2 April I think.
    $3 hopefully soon , see its lagging cen ,mel price performance so may play catchup
    one step ahead of the herd

I was reflecting on the reporting season today and there were not a great SUM total of companies that stood out as being good.
    Apart from SUM, several of the gentailers were standouts and not much else....there were quite a number of disappointments, the most serious of which was SML yesterday which was miles under my expectations.

One of the features of the current operating environment I have noticed almost right across the board with almost all companies is the pressure on profits through increases in human resources costs and this is something to watch very closely as we go into the next financial year with the big jump in the minimum wage on 1 April.

I continue to like the safe, good and very defensive yield characteristics of GNE, MEL and CEN, in that order. Those that can control their costs best, will do the best in this sector. I think we will have ultra low interest rates for many many years. Safe yield really floats my boat.

low interest rates in nz for many more yrs 8.4% gross yield suits me fine. oil price rise should boost there result this half even more i reckon

rocking 3 dollars surely soon gap between cen and mel is the biggest ever i reckon. surely must play catchup soon

Yes I agree 100%. Ultra low interest rates for as far as possibly foreseeable is my prognosis and in that environment I would expect the gentailiers to continue to rerate, GNE the most with its superior yield and still trading cum an 8.45 cps divvy.

Yes I agree 100%. Ultra low interest rates for as far as possibly foreseeable is my prognosis and in that environment I would expect the gentailiers to continue to rerate, GNE the most with its superior yield and still trading cum an 8.45 cps divvy.
    yield on this triple what you get in the bank , should be $4 not under 3 go figure?