sharetrader
Page 276 of 383 FirstFirst ... 176226266272273274275276277278279280286326376 ... LastLast
Results 2,751 to 2,760 of 3828

business desk article seemed to imply a third party is building it and genesis will buy all the output
    one step ahead of the herd

Quote Originally Posted by bull.... View Post
    business desk article seemed to imply a third party is building it and genesis will buy all the output
    Thanks, the BusinessDesk article is clearer (from what I can see from this side of the paywall)::
    Genesis Energy is in talks to buy the output of a 300-megawatt solar farm proposed for northen Waikato.
    I don't really understand why Genesis doesn't invest in these projects itself. I wouldn't have thought it would be that difficult to raise capital for renewable energy generation.

seems to be holding up better than the other gentailers today
    one step ahead of the herd

Wow, it's GNE is taking a massive hit today, along with everything of course. I borrowed $200,000 against my house in November 2014 and purchased Genesis shares. The price is now below what I paid for them in 2014!

Last year I sold 94% of the shares and cleared all my debts because I got freaked out after reading Buffett's comments on debt.

https://www.investopedia.com/news/bu...ey-buy-stocks/

I always thought Genesis was a sure thing. Of course nothing is a sure thing as many people are finding out now.

Wow, Genesis is up almost 20 per cent today!

Aspiring to be an Awesome Bear

Quote Originally Posted by Bobdn View Post
    Thank goodness

Veteran novice

Quote Originally Posted by Bobdn View Post
    Yes, 20% of a sadly shrunken shareprice, though!

Disc: I hold a few

Quote Originally Posted by macduffy View Post
    Yes, 20% of a sadly shrunken shareprice, though!

Disc: I hold a few

True but the DRP came at a nice time for a change

Guru

3rd quarter update - like others, retail sales up, wholesale down.

https://www.nzx.com/announcements/352091

FY20 Q3 PERFORMANCE REPORT AND MARKET UPDATEGenesis Energy today released to the NZX/ASX its FY20 Q3 Performance Report for the three months ended 31 March 2020, which includes an update on guidance for the year end, 30 June 2020. The FY20 Q3 Performance Report is available from the Genesis Energy page at www.nzx.com or https://www.genesisenergy.co.nz/investors.

Genesis understands that the current global COVID-19 pandemic and economic situation is a stressful time for its customers, shareholders and broader communities within which it operates. The addendum to this Q3 Performance Report contains a early view high level summary of the impact and response from Genesis, to the current market environment.FY20 Q3 Performance Summary“We remain committed to meeting our customers’ needs throughout these uncertain times, both from a customer care and energy security perspective,” said Marc England, Chief Executive Officer.

RETAIL
    Genesis’ cost to serve has continued to decrease, down to $138 per ICP from $139 in the previous quarter and $144 in the prior comparable period (pcp). Customers choosing to purchase more than one fuel increased 5,222 on the pcp and 625 on the previous quarter, whilst both gross and net churn continued to fall, gross churn down 1.3 ppt on the pcp and 1.9 ppt down on the previous quarter. Total electricity sales volume was up by 7.1% and total LPG sales volume up 10.5% on the pcp, with total gas sales volume held flat at 1.4 PJ. All three fuel Netbacks increased on the pcp, with electricity up 8%, gas up 5% and LPG up 29%. The country’s level 4 lockdown that commenced on 26 March has positively impacted residential demand by 10-15%, with SME demand being down 45% and industrial demand down 25%.

WHOLESALE
    Genesis’ volume weighted average fuel cost for its thermal generation was up 4.8% on the pcp to $82/MWh, with the average portfolio fuel cost up 6.7% to $61/MWh. Hydro generation was down 13% to 419 GWh. Whilst Lake Tekapo saw average inflows driven by the significant rainfall in February, generation remained low due to a planned Tekapo outage and Lake Waikaremoana inflows at 53% of average for the quarter, driven by a very dry February month where inflows were only 18% of average. Total generation was 1,633 GWh, down 8.3% on the prior year, and received an average price of $87/MWh. Plant availability was strong, Genesis’ Equivalent Availability Factor (EAF) at 91.8%, up 21% on the pcp.

KUPE
    Kupe gas production was down 6.0% on the pcp to 2.9 PJ due to the wireline intervention campaign carried out in February, during which all three wells were logged and perforation added to two of the producing wells. Preliminary results are positive and the Joint Venture Operator (Beach Energy) is continuing its work to estimate the uplift to production rates. Kupe production capacity was back up to 77 TJ/day from 8 March. LPG yield remains high at 4.4 t/TJ, whilst oil yield was down 11% to 35.3 bbl/TJ due to the natural decline in the field. A significant decline in Brent Crude during the quarter translated to a realized oil price of NZD69/bbl, down 15.6% on the pcp. Oil price hedging in place for the next 12 months consists of a 63% weighting priced at USD58/bbl.

MARKET UPDATE
    Due to the ongoing and below average North Island inflows, year-to-date hydro generation being 312 GWh below the prior year and a two week delay to the return to service of Tekapo B, Genesis has revised its FY20 EBITDAF guidance to $355 million to $365 million. We continue to closely monitor any financial impacts that may arise due to COVID-19 . ENDS
    Last edited by Sideshow Bob; 23-04-2020 at 08:20 AM.

Missed by that much

Genesis is probably being hit harder by C-19 than any of the other gentailers. The low inflows in the North Island, coupled with the extended outage at Tekapo B will keep its cost of generation higher than expected. On the flip side is that the huge decrease in commercial and industrial demand means there is more gas available at a cheaper price, so the cost of running the big machine at Huntly should be a bit lower as well.