sharetrader
Page 271 of 383 FirstFirst ... 171221261267268269270271272273274275281321371 ... LastLast
Results 2,701 to 2,710 of 3828
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by bull.... View Post
    if interest rates move lower and stay low for lets use 10yrs as a guess what is more important div yield from reliable div payers eg gentailers or pe? thats why all gentailers have high pe income is more important. bye the way gne pe should fall again after next results

should put in there all stocks like gentailers etc ( bond proxies) will re rate down one day when interest rates start to move back up. but when is the million dollar question dont see it on my horizon

returns for the mth

mcy 20%
    mel 12%
    gne 11%
    cen 9%

clearly investors want income over pe
    The quoted PEs were already estimates and not based on historical. Historical PE for GNE is over 84.

That means that it will be 84 years before the earnings recoverthe price . I always worked in the most being about 30 and the average being about 12-14.
    These and all like them are way overpriced. I have a lot in the market and are not buying .

Quote Originally Posted by horus1 View Post
    That means that it will be 84 years before the earnings recoverthe price . I always worked in the most being about 30 and the average being about 12-14.
    These and all like them are way overpriced. I have a lot in the market and are not buying .
    never mind overseas people appreciate anyone who sells and are happy to buy up reliable dividends from our gentailers pe is irrelevant when you cant get income anywhere
    one step ahead of the herd

Banned

Yes and those overseas people are quick to sell and let the price slump when they face a scare in their home country. Much more than year's dividend can be lost that way.

Quote Originally Posted by SilverBack View Post
    Yes and those overseas people are quick to sell and let the price slump when they face a scare in their home country. Much more than year's dividend can be lost that way.
    if overseas people are investing in gentailers for income they are more likely to bail when interest rates go up dont you think?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by bull.... View Post
    if overseas people are investing in gentailers for income they are more likely to bail when interest rates go up dont you think?
    You are thinking rationally and there are times when markets are not rational. I have often observed US investors in particular selling overseas shares for no other reason than that they want to bring money back to the US which they see as a safer haven. Don't forget that what to us is significant, to those institutions is a peanut diversification.

Quote Originally Posted by SilverBack View Post
    You are thinking rationally and there are times when markets are not rational. I have often observed US investors in particular selling overseas shares for no other reason than that they want to bring money back to the US which they see as a safer haven. Don't forget that what to us is significant, to those institutions is a peanut diversification.
    I hate to say it but maybe this time is different? look how many scares there have been over the yrs esp end of last yr when markets were tanking but the gentailers barely blinked. With the US just about to start another easing cycle im thinking people wont be so easy to scare out of there income streams cause at the end of the day where else you goona go for income. it wont be the bank like the old days?

What 0% interest rates mean for the ASX

in todays fool

Those rubbing their hands in glee at the thought of the official cash rate falling to 1% tomorrow will soon have sore hands. It turns out the Reserve Bank of Australia (RBA) could be cutting interest rates deeper and longer than what most are expecting

https://www.fool.com.au/2019/07/01/a...nterest-rates/

genesis energy doing roadshow in UK

https://www.nzx.com/announcements/336976

HIGHLIGHTS

Our investment proposition is a strong yield underpinned by growth
    Pay-out ratio as a percentage of free cash flow2was 78% for HY19.
    Consistent earnings growth enables a stable growing dividend

most of them doing a consolidation at the highs at the moment, usually when consolidating at highs implies a move still higher when finished but verification needed by the group to confirm. anyway gentailers on fire. Dow utilities at record highs , interest rates cuts coming get your income why you can i reckon.