sharetrader
Page 243 of 383 FirstFirst ... 143193233239240241242243244245246247253293343 ... LastLast
Results 2,421 to 2,430 of 3828
    Missed by that much

Quote Originally Posted by bull.... View Post
    got your answer , yesterday they say it may close in 5yrs MAY may MAY. MAY BEING THE KEY WORD MEANING THEY WILL KEEEP there options open. with demand rising and no new generation on the horizon except some wind i believe may will be alot longer than 5yrs .

http://www.sharechat.co.nz/article/6...ive-years.html
    I was involved, with the commissioning of the last Rankine unit in 1985. These units were designed with an economic life of 25 - 30 years, which should have meant they would be retired between 2010 and 2015. Sure enough Genesis decommissioned 1 unit and mothballed another before that date in order to extend the life of the other 2 units. I can see how they may be kept going out to 2022, but beyond that will be a real task.

Refurbishing the generators and turbines is neither difficult, not too expensive: It is the boilers and condensers that will cause the real issues. Boiler tube leaks are always hard to find and fix, but as the boilers get older this task becomes even more problematic. Replacing the boiler is not an option, as it is an integral part of the building.

However, the Rankine units have proved to be the most versatile thermal machines ever installed in New Zealand, and in many respects are even better than the more modern CCGT plant. I really hope that Genesis can find a way to keep these units running economically.

Nice post Jantar

Genesis has entered into a carbon sequestration deal where they will join other outfits to plant trees to offset their carbon emissions.

https://www.genesisenergy.co.nz/abou...esis-energy-an

I hope they are only paying for gas equivalent emissions when burning coal at Huntly and asking the virtue signalling, impetuous, exploration banning Coalition Government to make up the difference.

Boop boop de do
    Marilyn
    Diamonds are a girls best friend.

Chris Lee gave GNE a good write-up yesterday https://www.chrislee.co.nz/taking-stock
    He overlooked mentioning its dual listed and gets added to the ASX with effect from the matching process this afternoon.
    I think the company is well positioned with a well diversified generation portfolio, and should do very well with its assets in a tight supply market going forward.
    It offers the highest yield of the gentailiers by quite some margin.
    I added some more yesterday for yield. Happy with the half year result and report received yesterday and the new board appointment yesterday looks to have good credentials.
    Gross yield a smidge under 8% at this price level and trades cum a 8.45 cps divvy next month.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

added to the all ords i believe so instos will be having to buy it up if they havent already
    one step ahead of the herd

http://www.sharechat.co.nz/article/0...ale-priceshtml

Market remains very tight and this confirms my sentiment expressed above.
    MEL look to be doing okay with their hydro storage.
    Lake Taupo very low will be hurting MCY.
    Very pleased I locked in a very sharp 3 year fixed price deal for my consumption with MEL last month. Not expecting very sharp deals from the retailers in the foreseeable future. In fact could retail prices be about to take a leap considering the sustained increase in wholesale price level's for many months now ?
    Last edited by Beagle; 18-03-2019 at 04:25 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    http://www.sharechat.co.nz/article/0...ale-priceshtml

Market remains very tight and this confirms my sentiment expressed above.
    MEL look to be doing okay with their hydro storage.
    Lake Taupo very low will be hurting MCY.
    Very pleased I locked in a very sharp 3 year fixed price deal for my consumption with MEL last month. Not expecting very sharp deals from the retailers in the foreseeable future. In fact could retail prices be about to take a leap considering the sustained increase in wholesale price level's for many months now ?
    I dare say retail will have to take a leap or the gentailers will be leaching $. From the 22 cents or whatever it is you pay for your KWh only about 10 is for the price of power. The spot price has been consistently above 10 cents (closer to 13-15) the last few months so that may put some under pressure.
    These high prices now expected till March 20 quarter..
    https://www.asx.com.au/asx/markets/f...EA&type=FUTURE

15.4 cents per kw hr inclusive of GST locked down for 3 years was a deal I simply couldn't refuse, so good I understand its no longer in the market.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    15.4 cents per kw hr inclusive of GST locked down for 3 years was a deal I simply couldn't refuse, so good I understand its no longer in the market.
    wow! Is that the total amount you pay? Or are there other charges on top? That is very very cheap. I know plenty of people that are on 33 cents per KWh.

Daily fixed rate by the lines company is on top of that, about $1.75 per day inclusive of GST. Then there's the electricity authority levy which I think is about 0.15 cents per kw/hr and that's it. No discounts or anything like that, just the 15.4 cents per kw hr incl of GST and the above. Very sharp price and locked in for 3 years so happy days until the end of February 2022 ! MEL had a very special deal for Aucklanders. Don't ask me how they expect to make money out of it what with transmission costs of about 8-9 cents per kw/hr from memory.
    Last edited by Beagle; 18-03-2019 at 05:14 PM.