sharetrader
Page 180 of 383 FirstFirst ... 80130170176177178179180181182183184190230280 ... LastLast
Results 1,791 to 1,800 of 3830
    Guru

This is turning into the PEB thread... great posters leaving, "personal attacks" rising...

Advanced Member

I never got an email, just got a message on this site saying I unable to post for 7 days - never mind was sunning myself by the pool on an Indonesian Island at the time. I did persevere with my question (that was never answered) and assumed that someone complained?

percy

Quote Originally Posted by tim23 View Post
    I never got an email, just got a message on this site saying I unable to post for 7 days - never mind was sunning myself by the pool on an Indonesian Island at the time. I did persevere with my question (that was never answered) and assumed that someone complained?
    Seems a draconian measure.

percy

Quote Originally Posted by trader_jackson View Post
    This is turning into the PEB thread... great posters leaving, "personal attacks" rising...
    Been a few too many "well informed" experienced posters leaving.The standard of research,views, is poorer for their leaving.

Don't take offence, but

Seems like a lot of this belongs in "off market discussion" section.

Or perhaps start another thread.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by PSE View Post
    I have found 6 shares that are presently deep value and will provide me with exceptional returns so that I don't need to worry about the average ones.
    You still haven't understood my point fish, maybe you will understand if I post an internet link from another value investor.
    http://www.forbes.com/sites/brentbes...s-bs-earnings/
    Thanks for that informative article about EBITA from Forbes.
    The extract I quoted from was specifically about genesis and published a few weeks ago by NBR
    You stated that GNE was paying out more than they earn
    I think you may have misunderstood that the point was not about EBITA but that Genesis had a free cash flow of $180 million and were paying out 80% (only 55% EBITA)-which means in my eyes-but not yours-that they are paying out 80% of what they are capable to maintain operations.
    I do realize that you are probably referring to net profit and I do understand that different investors place emphasis on different financial parameters.
    Perhaps we should agree to differ as we both have valid points .
    cheers
    Last edited by fish; 20-09-2015 at 05:30 PM.

Guru

GNE has just confirmed that its uptrend is primary and its a new bull cycle ..($1.92 break but still in the margin of error)
    TA would have gotten you in at around $1.80 a month ago.

Last edited by Hoop; 20-09-2015 at 07:31 PM.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Hoop View Post
    GNE has just confirmed that its uptrend is primary and its a new bull cycle ..($1.92 break but still in the margin of error)
    TA would have gotten you in at around $1.80 a month ago.

What I think will be interesting is to see how GNE holds up after its gone ex-dividend... MRP has held up pretty well but I have a feeling that this 'new bull cycle' is only because of the 8.0c dividend opportunity before the 30th...

Thoughts welcome.
    Last edited by trader_jackson; 21-09-2015 at 09:18 AM. Reason: Correction of dividend

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by trader_jackson View Post
    What I think will be interesting is to see how GNE holds up after its gone ex-dividend... MRP has held up pretty well but I have a feeling that this 'new bull cycle' is only because of the 8.0c dividend opportunity before the 30th...

Thoughts welcome.
    TJ .. if you think this new Bull cycle is false then you have to assume that GNE is going to fall and create a lower low (<$1.63)..If you don't think the next fall will be lower than $1.63 then it will form a higher low, the uptrend is readjusted, and the bull cycle is deemed to be still operating....There is often a price throw back towards the break out point(s) after a decent rally giving an opportunity to top up near than breakout support level ...going ex may be part of that future throw back process..who knows..
    Last edited by Hoop; 21-09-2015 at 10:54 AM.

Small piece of good news for GNE. Massive downpour for the East coast of the NI has delivered 258mm at the monitoring site for Waikaremoana over the last 7 days and a consequent large jump in stored energy of about 45GWh or about $3.5 million worth of rain :-)

On the contra El nino conditions will not be helpful for Hydro at all this coming summer, however the contra to that is the remaining rankines units may get a good work out at higher prices, with Otahuhu and Southdown exiting over the course of the period.

Interesting times in the power sector, GNE looking well set up with optionality to delay or keep open its thermal plant while MRP and CEN head for the exits early.

Disc small long GNE