sharetrader
Page 184 of 383 FirstFirst ... 84134174180181182183184185186187188194234284 ... LastLast
Results 1,831 to 1,840 of 3830
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Jantar View Post
    She was part of the National party Cabinet that dismantled the previous efficient Electricity system we had here in New Zealand, and caused our energy prices to sky-rocket. As PM for only 2 years, she would have to be the 2nd worst PM we have ever had.
    I'm with you there, her being on this board is a shocker, surely the big instos don't like it either... but does any of that matter? isn't her position all but guaranteed by having 51% backing from the government (National).

Quote Originally Posted by Coles Killer View Post
    I'm with you there, her being on this board is a shocker, surely the big instos don't like it either... but does any of that matter? isn't her position all but guaranteed by having 51% backing from the government (National).
    I am at a loss to understand her appointment. She has no formal commercial qualifications that I am aware of. Trained as an ECE teacher then became a professional politician. Since leaving office she has managed to be appointed to numerous boards by the government, in addition to her position on China Development Bank. Isnt Mainzeal being litigated, which I thought may have dampened the governments enthusiasm. But apparently not. I assume John Key is a fan.

Quote Originally Posted by Sgt Pepper View Post
    I am at a loss to understand her appointment.
    She has "connections", that is her qualification

Quote Originally Posted by xafalcon View Post
    Wish I was " connected" it would exponentially increase my income like Jennys. Oh well just have to keep working my 90+ hours per fortnight in the health service a while longer!

Guru

Connections are helpful for the China Development bank (and probably mailzeal). But they are of no use to Genesis. You dont need political contacts when you are owned by the Government, you just contact your 50% shareholder!

Quote Originally Posted by Harvey Specter View Post
    Connections are helpful for the China Development bank (and probably mailzeal). But they are of no use to Genesis. You dont need political contacts when you are owned by the Government, you just contact your 50% shareholder!
    Connections work both ways, and probably got her the position on the GNE board....... ie. Jobs for the "boys" as they call it

Guru

Connections work both ways, and probably got her the position on the GNE board....... ie. Jobs for the "boys" as they call it
    I realise how she got the job, butthat is a one way benefit for her, no benefit for the company (unlike CDB where the benefit actually works both ways). In the post SOE environment she should be removed - institutions should demand it and the Government shouldn't block it.

83,000 No votes from me... a drop in the bucket but....

Mobilise people!!

Guru

A friend and I have also voted no, although together we don't even have 1/10th in GNE that you have Xerof!
    But every vote counts right?

Sold GNE the other day. There's a "taint" in market sentiment toward GNE caused by association with the Mainzeal collapse.
    I do not think the "taint" make an impact on the operation performance of GNE, but I fear it will hinder share price growth in the future.

Money went to catch fally knife.