sharetrader

Threaded View

Cool NZ Interest Rates --- OCR----- to Fix or float

Well sadly I still have a good chuck of debt and also work in the primary industry with the vase bulk of our catch been exported to Aussie ....now for years now we have been told constantly of higher borrowing costs yet nothing much has happen and I still here some property investors getting sub 5% rates....

...I personal don't think we will see floating rates much over 8% for long any time soon is NZ has one of the highest household debts to incomes ratio's in the western world....much of are "rockstar" economic growth is based on debt and credit.....just go look at your local Councils debt..Inflation is low only 1.5% hardly needs raining in >>>we had 4-5% back when rates were 8%+ the rest of are trading
    partners are demanding Inflation printing money to keep the bad debts at bay and mostly to keep RATES LOW.......trying there best to stir Inflation higher

Personally I have taken least 20% reduction in PAYE for 2013/14 because of the increasing NZD ...I work in the primary industry>>>>if it keeps going higher many primary industry won't survive ....without primary industry you also don't need all the workers that support that industry(we are talking many % of NZ jobs) .........all because Buyers are pushing up property prices in Auck/CHCH that and having the smallest traded currency on the world stage thats talking up paying higher yields ....to a yield hungry world..

personal thinking on fixing short term for 50% of my debt with the rest on floating rates but I may well change my mind before MAY
    Last edited by JBmurc; 27-02-2014 at 04:22 PM.
    "With a good perspective on history, we can have a better understanding of the past and present, and thus a clear vision of the future." — Carlos Slim Helu