sharetrader

Thread: Charlie Munger

Guru

Default Charlie Munger

C M passed away today @ 99, possible the worlds greatest stock picker, RIP Charlie.

I was very sad to learn just now of the passing of Charlie. One of the world's greatest investors, whose role in the storied success of Berkshire Hattaway I think is often underappreciated. Warren Buffett of course always referred to Charlie as his partner in the business, and I think he was in every sense of the word. I would even go so far as to say that at times he was Warren's mentor. A man of incredible business and investment insights and experience, and pithy one-liners that just seemed to hit the spot and convey so much. I personally don't think that any investor who is not familiar with Charlie's thoughts and approach and his many insights and sayings is one who is fully educated and informed on how to think about investing in equities and businesses. I think it was he who said it is the business (that you buy shares of) that makes you rich, NOT the stock market. Berkshire Hathaway has now grown over the years into my largest single equity holding. It didn't start out that way, in fact when I bought them it was quite a modest investment, but it's been such a powerhouse that it couldn't do anything other than become my single largest holding. Thanks, Charlie.

A great loss, he will be missed.
    Last edited by DavidB; 29-11-2023 at 03:31 PM.

percy

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by whatsup View Post
    C M passed away today @ 99, possible the worlds greatest stock picker, RIP Charlie.
    I heard that he died.

Guru

Thanks for sharing Percy.

Good to remind yourself of these nuggets.