sharetrader
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Default Aviation companies

I think the aviation related companies shares will have a drastic correction on Monday due to the Malaysia Airlines disaster.....

I doubt it. Unless I've missed some recent news, it'll be a while till blame can be apportioned to manufacturers, operators, etc...

2019 NZ Stock Picking Winner silverblizzard888's Avatar

First of all we don't have all the details on the incident yet. Second this is a matter in relation with Malaysian Airlines as oppose to NZ airlines or others in the world, so as much as it has a negative connotation for flying, you could say its strengthens AIR NZ who is rated one of the safer airlines in the world. Its almost like saying a milk powder company in Malaysia has sold milk powder contaminated with a dangerous substance and caused deaths, it doesn't exactly mean a correction for other milk companies in NZ or the world. Thats my view on that anyway. You may be right or wrong, I cannot say either because there is a chance it may happen, but I don't feel it would. We'll find out come Monday I guess.
    Last edited by silverblizzard888; 08-03-2014 at 10:22 PM.

Guru

I understand that this tragedy involved a 777 (oil slicks have been found). So depending on the investigation outcome all airlines (including Air NZ) operating the aircraft may suffer some disruption. I believe two stolen passports (Italian and Austrian) featured in the manifest which could raise the spectre of terrorism or incompetent passport control (pretty bad in itself!). I would say the immediate effects would be felt by Boeing. MAS and Malaysian tourism.
    Disc: AIR holder

Addendum: The (tabloid) Daily Mail (UK) have claimed that the plane had been involved in a ground collision with another plane resulting in serious wing damage two years ago. Most speculation seems to be centred on a terrorist bomb. That may result in a more general loss of confidence in aviation and tourism stocks.
    Last edited by Bjauck; 09-03-2014 at 10:19 AM.

This incident could affect negatively on airlines stocks in the short run. Even Boeing share prices fell after missing Malaysian Airlines. Now it has settled down and went up again. Boeing should do well in the long run due to demand for their aircrafts from China and other Asian countries.

Competitive Airlines might benefit in the short run.

Please see following link.

http://www.news.com.au/world/malaysi...-1226855986042

Dis: I don’t have any Airline stocks including Boeing shares.

My ideas are not a recommendation to either buy or sell any security, commodity or currency. Please do your own research prior to making any investment decisions.

IMO

Another great result from Alliance AQZ
    Financial Results Presentation - FY18

percy

Quote Originally Posted by Joshuatree View Post
    Another great result from Alliance AQZ
    Financial Results Presentation - FY18
    And the outlook looks great.

percy

Very positive speeches from The Chairman,MD,and CEO at today's agm.
    Fleet being increased from 33 aircraft to 42 over the next year.
    Dividend set to be increased to use up franking credits, rather than a share buy back.

IMO

1. AQZ BHP Nickel West Contract Extension
      "we are experiencing growth of up to 17 charters per week as economic conditions continue to improve. As with our other resources customers throughout Australia, we are seeing growth in the number of charters as the current demand for resources is maintained and production increases"

IMO

I see percy has started an AQZ thread ,great. Have bought back in on results, still holding PTB too.