Quote Originally Posted by voltage View Post
Kaspar why make it complicated keep it simple, as you say you can add with no brokerage costs
I thought my plan was simple But yes I'm happy with the status quo for now, but always looking to cut costs if possible, so just throwing the idea out there.

Quote Originally Posted by Harvey Specter View Post
Couple of things:

- your brokerage looks expensive. Are they with Direct Brokerages rates or are you using a full service broker?
- You could modify the NZX10 in a different way to your own 10% even split. I think there is a version of the NZX50 that caps any one stock to 5%.
- similarly, you may not have to buy all 10 stocks in your annual or 6 monthly rebalance. Only buy thoses that are significantly underweight. And maybe consider selling any that get considerably overweight.
- Have you considered moving slightly away from the index approach and deliberately being under/overweight in a particular stock. Ie. you may consider FBU expensive at the moment so be a bit light but if it were to drop down into the $6's, go overweight.
I'm using ASB, $30 a trade. Yes it's FNZ that caps large stocks to 5% at rebalance times. This is where I'm not to sure what method would be best, but I would have to have some rules and stick to them.