Quote Originally Posted by tango View Post
THANK YOU 🌟

This is super helpful. In the past I had read books and done courses talking about the Buffett method which is basically buy a good business at a margin of safety price and then sit back and let the winners ride. More recently I saw someone who is a Buffett disciple use TA for entry and exit points, both for individual stocks and to get a sense of overall market trends, and a huge freaking light bulb went on. I could see that using that strategy I may leave some gains on the table but I dramatically reduce the risk of being caught out with big market dips and as you say there is an opportunity cost of letting it sit in a company going nowhere.

For some reason I had a mental block about this idea of selling shares and then rebuying. Time for a change in strategy!

Your post just added to my knowledge and reinforced the need sharpen my TA skills until I truly understand it!! 🌟
The people that hate on TA are the ones who use it without fundamental endpoints / perspectives. If you blindly follow TA obviously you’ll lose money. But if you use it to position your holdings and try to gauge when the holding will be more of an opportunity cost than gain in your respective time frame it’s more than useful

Some people think any time is a great time to buy a stock and I think that’s a great way to get stuck holding a down tending company based on your subjective analysis of a business for years on end - learnt this early on