sharetrader
Page 158 of 254 FirstFirst ... 58108148154155156157158159160161162168208 ... LastLast
Results 1,571 to 1,580 of 2876

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by Ogg View Post
    I'm pretty sure it's an out flow of speculative funds from Pushpay into Afterpay.

Also, why risk your money here when you can get better returns with the FANG stocks and no risk.

The drop below the book build price is a huge bear signal.

Without the NASDAQ listing and only a handful of institutional investors, there's not alot of rich pockets to take up the slack. Not alot of activity on HotCopper either. Who's left, mom-and-pa NZ retail holders?
    Price is down a little over 10% of the book build benchmark.
    I can only speculate on this fall. Perhaps its profit takers. perhaps its insiders with a whiff of the 1/4ly announcement due next week. Perhaps a reflection that overall market is also down a fair bit over the past month. Perhasp its shorters up to tricks.

Given the speculaiton I don't see the drop as a huge bear signal.

I'll wait for next weeks results before finger heads towards panic button.

I'm pretty sure it's an out flow of speculative funds from Pushpay into Afterpay.

Also, why risk your money here when you can get better returns with the FANG stocks and no risk.

The drop below the book build price is a huge bear signal.

Without the NASDAQ listing and only a handful of institutional investors, there's not alot of rich pockets to take up the slack. Not alot of activity on HotCopper either. Who's left, mom-and-pa NZ retail holders?
    Not sure about Afterpay ... though expect a hype bubble there (hopefully not followed by a BIG slump). Anyway - that's a discussion for a different thread.

Not sure either, whether the fundamentals for PPH changed in any way (they never looked good in my view) - but maybe it is now more investors who realize what fast dropping growth rates do to a growth based investment proposition.

Agree - the TA does not look good, though at least they are still above MA200 (but just ...).

As for Mom and pa investors ... in the last annual report did the 20 largest holders hold more than 78.5% of all shares. While some of them might be as well moms and /or pas, are these really mom and pa investors?

Attachment 9827
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

The industry has moved away from simple, single use, button apps. It's more about AI and cloud integration and trying to align all the technologies together into a smoother, more customer friendly integration. Having to install an app, sign up, load your credit card, and push buttons is a legacy platform - it's old tech!
    I do not see how button apps could be old tech? You can have what ever tech you like behind a single button. It is not necessary to throw in the latest tech just because it is trending or perceived to be the future. I certainly would not want AI predicting when I want to donate? What if i did not want to donate that day? And I am pretty sure that button apps are pretty customer friendly, especially when it is well designed.

The problem is that it can't. Why? Because it's built on technology from 2012 and it's not able to adopt to future technologies, specifically AI and the cloud. l?
    Im not a techy so most of this I mumbo jumbo to me. But my understanding of the "cloud" is that it is just an off site server / computer. Hasn't PPH adopted this already?

Correct. They moved onto the Amazon Web Services already.

"Another speaker, Josh Robb, vice president of engineering at Pushpay, says the company moved its entire build pipeline to AWS." From https://www.cio.co.nz/article/620087...n-competition/

Religious congregations receive the largest share of American charitable giving. They received 32 percent of all charitable donations in 2016, according to the most recent estimates from Giving USA 2017. Giving to religion totaled $122.94 billion

According to the Economist Magazine (issue 9094 2 - 8 June)

Americans gave some $390b to charities in 2016.

$280b came from individuals and of this $120b went to religious charities as noted by Nigelk.

Damn those churches do well.

Quote Originally Posted by Nigelk View Post
    Religious congregations receive the largest share of American charitable giving. They received 32 percent of all charitable donations in 2016, according to the most recent estimates from Giving USA 2017. Giving to religion totaled $122.94 billion

Advanced Member

Ogg fwiw an acquaintance in the tech sector has similar views to you on Pushpay. He can't see any real growth for their technology either.
    discl. don't know anything really about PPH and never hel

On my rounds and just a little behind..

I've learned on my short time on this forum that what's written here is not necessarily correlated with what an individual might be doing on the markets.

I do share many same thoughts with Ogg on PPH. Since the management has been constantly adapting "creative" accounting method(s) when reporting their numbers and figures, this already gave me an unease. Then one of the co-founders departed and dumped ALL his shares, in addition to rowed back its planned listing in US. I decided to sell all my shares in 420. The management did not offer me the level of confidence that it used to be.

Sidenote: Afterpay do look more promising when compares to PPH, in particular in the growth aspect.