sharetrader
Page 182 of 288 FirstFirst ... 82132172178179180181182183184185186192232282 ... LastLast
Results 1,811 to 1,820 of 2876

Is this Blackbaud thing the elephant in the room that’s going to dampen Push’s growth?

No doubt Push knows a lot about Blackbaud and other potential competitors and have strategies to protect their market positions.

But Blackbaud are pretty big

Being one of 57 companies on Fortune’s Change the World list is pretty cool.
    Last edited by winner69; 21-07-2018 at 04:30 PM.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Blackbaud think Push not meeting the churches needs.

From their press release

“Current market offerings are not meeting the comprehensive needs of churches both large and small—and given the positive impact made by faith communities, Blackbaud intends to transform the status quo in partnership with the church community,” said Kevin Knight, president and general manager, Blackbaud Faith Solutions. “Our proven expertise in cloud software for social good, our commitment to listening to the market and our expert staff who come from the church space uniquely position us to provide church leaders with an unmatched experience that addresses all their unique needs and breaks the mold of typical church software solutions.”

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Blackbaud think Push not meeting the churches needs.

From their press release

“Current market offerings are not meeting the comprehensive needs of churches both large and small—and given the positive impact made by faith communities, Blackbaud intends to transform the status quo in partnership with the church community,” said Kevin Knight, president and general manager, Blackbaud Faith Solutions. “Our proven expertise in cloud software for social good, our commitment to listening to the market and our expert staff who come from the church space uniquely position us to provide church leaders with an unmatched experience that addresses all their unique needs and breaks the mold of typical church software solutions.”

I find this to be quite an interesting development.

I have always struggled with the idea that churches, the banishers of sin and self appointed bastions of righteousness, justice and truth, would accept a very commercial company like Pushpay. Church goers really could personify Pushpay as the biblical Jews on the steps of holy places, clipping the ticket.

This idea is in contrast of course to the reality of running a large organisation like a modern church and the convenience and efficiencies that a system like echurch provides.

I would caution that if Blackbaud can establish themselves as the organisation with more 'spiritual' or 'christian' credibility, and can provide a similar product, that they could seriously threaten the progress Pushpay has made.

I view this, in addition to the loss Eliot Crowther as a risk to the company that I am no longer willing to take in the short term and have therefore cashed out and banked in the reasonable gains that have been made in the last couple years.

I will be watching closely out of interest. Good luck to all holders, I hope that commercial interests and the delivery of a good product win over those of less tangible ideas.

Quote Originally Posted by Chanchay View Post
    I find this to be quite an interesting development.

I have always struggled with the idea that churches, the banishers of sin and self appointed bastions of righteousness, justice and truth, would accept a very commercial company like Pushpay. Church goers really could personify Pushpay as the biblical Jews on the steps of holy places, clipping the ticket.

This idea is in contrast of course to the reality of running a large organisation like a modern church and the convenience and efficiencies that a system like echurch provides.

I would caution that if Blackbaud can establish themselves as the organisation with more 'spiritual' or 'christian' credibility, and can provide a similar product, that they could seriously threaten the progress Pushpay has made.

I view this, in addition to the loss Eliot Crowther as a risk to the company that I am no longer willing to take in the short term and have therefore cashed out and banked in the reasonable gains that have been made in the last couple years.

I will be watching closely out of interest. Good luck to all holders, I hope that commercial interests and the delivery of a good product win over those of less tangible ideas.
    Cool post ...

On my rounds and just a little behind..

Quote Originally Posted by smartbomb View Post
    This coud have something to do with it:

http://www.thenonprofittimes.com/new...ement-product/
    Nah, not so sure about that. If you look at the PPH chart this year its bounced up and down on a regular basis.
    Seeing as NZX don't report shorting or other related trades, we'll never know.
    And Fridays bump is no different to the rest for this year.

Any effect of Blackbaud won't be known for couple months at least.

Blackbaud have been around since 1981 and currently have $800m in earnings. So when I see them say "“Current market offerings are not meeting the comprehensive needs of churches both large and small" so they are really looking in a mirror and having to describe their contribution to that state of affairs. They bought Microedge / FIMS a few years back to give them that additional step into faith based revenues.

I see the announcement as good news. It highlights how large this market is - and Blackbaud isnt covering the whole market. I see PushPay being the disruptor to this market - rather than Blackbaud taking that position. Blackbaud seem to be following PPH's lead - given PPH's current position in the faith based market.

I do not see churches as being fast movers. I dont see them changing from PPH to Blackbaud over night. Any effect Blackbaud have wont be seen for at least a year. I see PPH as still being the nimbler of the providers - whereas Blackbud appears to take some time to bring improvements to market. (and it seems theri revenue growth is due to acquisitions rather than improved products).

I also dont see Blackbaud as a "Spiritual" type company. After all they were originally established in one of the greatest dens of sin- New York back in 1981. Churches / Faiths wont be fooled by this veneer - they will spot a wolf in lambs clothing a mile away. And dont be fooled by this "spiritual" edge - faiths are one of the biggest hard nosed corporate entities out there - they are very successful with taking cash off those who can least afford it it. So they wont have any difficulty working with a provider who offers the best solutions for extracting the cash from the flock.

Clare Capital posted this link to some benchmark stuff

Push is Rare Earth stuff ....or going to be

https://benchmarks.openviewpartners.com

You have a 0.1% chance of reaching $100M in 5 years....that’s the odds Push have smashed

Very interesting Winner. Pushpay certainly pushing the boundaries'

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Clare Capital posted this link to some benchmark stuff

Push is Rare Earth stuff ....or going to be

https://benchmarks.openviewpartners.com

You have a 0.1% chance of reaching $100M in 5 years....that’s the odds Push have smashed

GS Buy rated (CL) on PPH.AX/PPH.NZ 12-month target A$5.40/NZ$5.80

Long as Push are doing a great job faith sector unlikely to risk their lifeblood

Business as usual

learning to see in the dark

Bit of market weakness. Based on competitor announcement? Maybe just shaking out a few non-believers?