sharetrader
Page 184 of 288 FirstFirst ... 84134174180181182183184185186187188194234284 ... LastLast
Results 1,831 to 1,840 of 2876

Quote Originally Posted by Ogg View Post
    I'm pretty sure it's an out flow of speculative funds from Pushpay into Afterpay.

Also, why risk your money here when you can get better returns with the FANG stocks and no risk.

The drop below the book build price is a huge bear signal.

Without the NASDAQ listing and only a handful of institutional investors, there's not alot of rich pockets to take up the slack. Not alot of activity on HotCopper either. Who's left, mom-and-pa NZ retail holders?
    Price is down a little over 10% of the book build benchmark.
    I can only speculate on this fall. Perhaps its profit takers. perhaps its insiders with a whiff of the 1/4ly announcement due next week. Perhaps a reflection that overall market is also down a fair bit over the past month. Perhasp its shorters up to tricks.

Given the speculaiton I don't see the drop as a huge bear signal.

I'll wait for next weeks results before finger heads towards panic button.

I'm pretty sure it's an out flow of speculative funds from Pushpay into Afterpay.

Also, why risk your money here when you can get better returns with the FANG stocks and no risk.

The drop below the book build price is a huge bear signal.

Without the NASDAQ listing and only a handful of institutional investors, there's not alot of rich pockets to take up the slack. Not alot of activity on HotCopper either. Who's left, mom-and-pa NZ retail holders?
    Not sure about Afterpay ... though expect a hype bubble there (hopefully not followed by a BIG slump). Anyway - that's a discussion for a different thread.

Not sure either, whether the fundamentals for PPH changed in any way (they never looked good in my view) - but maybe it is now more investors who realize what fast dropping growth rates do to a growth based investment proposition.

Agree - the TA does not look good, though at least they are still above MA200 (but just ...).

As for Mom and pa investors ... in the last annual report did the 20 largest holders hold more than 78.5% of all shares. While some of them might be as well moms and /or pas, are these really mom and pa investors?

Attachment 9827
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Hey Ogg, you given up on Comvita yet or still dabbling in them
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

The industry has moved away from simple, single use, button apps. It's more about AI and cloud integration and trying to align all the technologies together into a smoother, more customer friendly integration. Having to install an app, sign up, load your credit card, and push buttons is a legacy platform - it's old tech!
    I do not see how button apps could be old tech? You can have what ever tech you like behind a single button. It is not necessary to throw in the latest tech just because it is trending or perceived to be the future. I certainly would not want AI predicting when I want to donate? What if i did not want to donate that day? And I am pretty sure that button apps are pretty customer friendly, especially when it is well designed.

Ogg talked a huge game with CVT in recent months also only to sell out after making some gains before the anticipated drop in price.

Looks like this one trick pony is running out of tricks (*sips hot Milo)...

Let's not forget that this company is nothing more than a stupid button app, operating in a niche of a niche. Founder has bailed and is sitting on a beach somewhere. The broker pump has ended as more retail holders pile in. How long before the other founder bails I wonder? This is going the way of the dodo. It was cool in 2012, but now it's old tech.

This is no Afterpay, far from it. Afterpay actually provides a service and has a business model. Pushpay is the type of crap that a 14 year old would come up with in high school. The only reason why this stock has been somewhat successful is that it somehow got thrown in with the other "high growth tech stocks". Yes, it has had an impressive "revenue" (churn) but why has the long term outlook on this stock not reflected it's short term performance, as it has with other tech stocks? It's because smart people are slowing realising that this is nothing more than a fad and are bailing.

If this company was any good it would have gotten to $10B already, which by today's global standards is small. It's not, it's at only $1b and dropping. As the saying goes, easy come easy go. My guess, is that this will be acquired for like $500m tops, sometime in the next 2-3 years, if it's lucky. Either that or a complete 'My Space' type wipe out.
    This is no AfterPay or Affirm or LayBuy or PartPay or FuturePay or OxiPay or... get my gist.
    I do resonate with your support of APT and their offering, however, don't try to claim they have an idea a 12 year old couldn't come up with... they are simply executing the idea that wasn't theirs extremely well.

Yes APT is doing well, so is everyone else in this space.
    Last edited by hardt; 26-07-2018 at 02:18 AM.

The problem is that it can't. Why? Because it's built on technology from 2012 and it's not able to adopt to future technologies, specifically AI and the cloud. l?
    Im not a techy so most of this I mumbo jumbo to me. But my understanding of the "cloud" is that it is just an off site server / computer. Hasn't PPH adopted this already?

老外

I am amazed at the number of investors on here that haven't even downloaded the app and used it to donate money themselves. Nothing like first hand research to show you the experience and many charities are on the app, not just churches.

I am working on the leading edge of the tech field and can tell you Ogg is right regarding the tech. It's old school and easy to replicate and replace. They now don't have first mover advantage. I suspect without a substantial upgrade of their platform their NASDAQ listing would have fallen flat as investors in the US are all about new tech. This move, their failure to move with the times and loss of their founder were big flags to me so I bailed too.

One aspect they should be investigating is how to use their data better - its ripe for graph database BI. But instead they seem to be more a sales company now more than anything else, selling an old /easily replaceable product in a fickle market.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by blobbles View Post
    I am amazed at the number of investors on here that haven't even downloaded the app and used it to donate money themselves. Nothing like first hand research to show you the experience and many charities are on the app, not just churches.

I am working on the leading edge of the tech field and can tell you Ogg is right regarding the tech. It's old school and easy to replicate and replace. They now don't have first mover advantage. I suspect without a substantial upgrade of their platform their NASDAQ listing would have fallen flat as investors in the US are all about new tech. This move, their failure to move with the times and loss of their founder were big flags to me so I bailed too.

One aspect they should be investigating is how to use their data better - its ripe for graph database BI. But instead they seem to be more a sales company now more than anything else, selling an old /easily replaceable product in a fickle market.
    Me too,too many red flags.This doesn't mean it won't go alright though.Time will tell.
    I've bailed early before but sometimes best to leave something in it for the next investor.

Correct. They moved onto the Amazon Web Services already.

"Another speaker, Josh Robb, vice president of engineering at Pushpay, says the company moved its entire build pipeline to AWS." From https://www.cio.co.nz/article/620087...n-competition/