sharetrader
Page 190 of 288 FirstFirst ... 90140180186187188189190191192193194200240 ... LastLast
Results 1,891 to 1,900 of 2876
    Outside thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    I’ve been selling off and on since January ranging between 4.03-4.37. Still hold 15% of my original holding and likely to hold onto it for awhile to see how this plays out, despite being unimpressed with the latest numbers. Been a great run having bought most between 1.80-2.05. But really am struggling now to justify the current valuation.
    I'm with you.....PPH was my biggest holding after ATM, but given the uncertainty this year, I've been reducing down to a zero holding (as of yesterday) and pocketed av gains of around 60%.

That said, I doubt it is all doom and gloom for PPH, there are some things to watch in the future that could see PPH change and grow well.

1.) I noted in the recent report that PPH is talking about "consolidating its branding around Push Pay," and diminishing its other brands such as 'e-church'.
    2.) If you look at PPH's new web site you will note that PPH is clearly now targeting, schools and charities (as well as churches) 'send money in under 10 seconds, no queues, no forms, no hassles....'

In short, PPH appears to be moving away from its reliance on the faith sector and is concentrating on being a speedy no hassles payment option for churches, schools and charities. This will leave behind church only services such as https://get.tithe.ly

Will it all work? I don't know, there is a lot of competition in the 'payments' market. I'm happy to sit on the sidelines and watch for a while...... (now back to my holiday!!)

So, there is a considerable amount of bearish bias in the comments here within the past 24 hours.

If, the target market of religious giving is largely saturated, then it seems there are decisions to make - an expansion of the business, focussing on a new target market, or on new geographic locations?

- There are several large African countries, for which religion is a major factor - you would be surprised how advanced some of these countries are in terms of technology and banking also.
    - Event "on the door" ticket purchases for mid-large scale events, another possibility?

It means money to be spent, but huge potential.

With the current position of the company needs to establish if this will turn profitable, or what changes need to be made to become profitable. With the majority of the market captivated or aware of the offering, I would suggest the company should be looking to profitability at this point.

I know less about the product than I would like to know, so if anyone would like to educate me or promote corrections on my notes I would welcome them.

Lowest price since last Christmas and nearly 20% of its highs ...things are getting serious

Maybe nobody believes the hype anymore
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Lowest price since last Christmas and nearly 20% of its highs
    15% .

Quote Originally Posted by minimoke View Post
    15% .

17% .....close to 20%
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    17% .....close to 20%
    even 17.4% is closer to 15%

Still holding not sold/bought more.............

Quote Originally Posted by dreamcatcher View Post
    Still holding not sold/bought more.............
    You must be a brave man ... sitting now on the MA200. Could turn ugly really fast.

There is some saying about drinking and buying in a downtrend , but then - if everybody would follow it, there would not be a downtrend ;.
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Quote Originally Posted by BlackPeter View Post
    You must be a brave man ... sitting now on the MA200. Could turn ugly really fast.

There is some saying about drinking and buying in a downtrend , but then - if everybody would follow it, there would not be a downtrend ;.
    Perhaps I should re-phrase ................"Still holding not sold or bought more"

learning to see in the dark

Congrats, as ever, to those who sold out at a profit, always a good thing. Personally Im hanging in there, I see no need to sell and especially at these discounted prices.

Ignoring one or two hysterically bearish comments here over last couple of days, I think the company has done extremely well to get to where it is, with the market share they now enjoy in US. Not an easy market, just ask Xero! I would like to know their ambition for other areas and markets for sure, but I highly doubt they will be sitting on their hands doing nothing, and while they are boosted by profitability they can really start pushing the boat out. I understand the short term gloom, (based on client growth rather than revenue I believe), but I'm not convinced enough has changed to warrant abandonment. It seems far better run than Diligent was, with a similarly replicatable product and I still made a killing there, and with far more stress! Brings tears to my eyes just remembering that stock. So, battle-hardened, I remain in.