sharetrader
Page 245 of 288 FirstFirst ... 145195235241242243244245246247248249255 ... LastLast
Results 2,441 to 2,450 of 2876

Quote Originally Posted by nztx View Post
    Dont forget that PPH indicated they were on the acquisition trail for further good fits to their current operation

Nothing like a bit of diversification into other things ..
    Won't this be diworsification though? Acquisitions are riskier than organic growth.

Keen to hear people's views on what we can expect post shares split next week?

I'm trying to decide on an entry point i.e. before or after the split.

Post-split, people sometimes (incorrectly?) assume that there's value because of the lower price (especially those that don't understand how share splits work - thinking of mom and pop Sharesies investors).

Thoughts?

What effect if any will this have on the share price? .... https://www.nzx.com/announcements/363572

Does a sp of $8 become $2 afterwards? But I have 4x as many shares?

Quote Originally Posted by youngatheart View Post
    Does a sp of $8 become $2 afterwards? But I have 4x as many shares?
    You will have 4x as many shares, this is correct. The price of these new shares will be decided by the market (as usual), but as a starting point your assumption might be correct.

I guess the board hopes for the market to see the new PPH shares as "cheap" and to drive the price back towards the "old" share price. Sometimes this strategy works after a share split and sometimes it does not.
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Quote Originally Posted by BlackPeter View Post
    You will have 4x as many shares, this is correct. The price of these new shares will be decided by the market (as usual), but as a starting point your assumption might be correct.

I guess the board hopes for the market to see the new PPH shares as "cheap" and to drive the price back towards the "old" share price. Sometimes this strategy works after a share split and sometimes it does not.
    drive the price back towards the "old" share price

that sounds good

and then they can do another split
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

I dont get the point of a share split. Do they really believe they are out of reach of most investors at $7-$10 per share? surely not. And exactly to your point, it gets back to $7-$10 some point in the future, then what, another share split?

On the doghouse

Quote Originally Posted by Gregnz View Post
    I dont get the point of a share split. Do they really believe they are out of reach of most investors at $7-$10 per share? surely not. And exactly to your point, it gets back to $7-$10 some point in the future, then what, another share split?
    Many Sharsies investors refuse to invest more than $5 in one hit, so PPH is currently out of reach for them.

SNOOPY
    Watch out for the most persistent and dangerous version of Covid-19: B.S.24/7

That shouldn't matter much though as they can buy fractions too...

Quote Originally Posted by Snoopy View Post
    Many Sharsies investors refuse to invest more than $5 in one hit, so PPH is currently out of reach for them.

SNOOPY
    Well yes that too. Like I’ve seen with Sky Tv and they buy 1 share! I’m thinking to myself, at least buy 100 and spend north of $16 to make it worthwhile!
    Last edited by Gregnz; 20-11-2020 at 06:37 PM.