sharetrader
Page 260 of 288 FirstFirst ... 160210250256257258259260261262263264270 ... LastLast
Results 2,591 to 2,600 of 2876

Yes, a good buy at these prices - the fundamentals are still good, with some significant growth opportunities if they capitalise on them.

Quote Originally Posted by Mel View Post
    Yes, a good buy at these prices - the fundamentals are still good, with some significant growth opportunities if they capitalise on them.
    Not so sure. Anybody did the numbers how much they are worth if the long hoped for earnings growth is stalling or missing in action? Nobody can live from revenue growth forever ... and even that is slowing down.

Only one big customer in the funnel and that might be too busy scratching together the compensation to the tens of thousands of children whose abuse they allowed and ignored over many decades (while supporting the abusers and ignoring the victims) ... I suppose their income will shrink, their expenses will rise ... do they really need to hire on top of these troubles a fee collector commanding a substantial kick back?

Ah well, faith industry never had anything to do with ethics ... and neither with reason - i.e. time will tell.
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Pushpay share price been in free fall since Molly refused to answer a question that an analyst put to her about the number of customers they had .... pissed most of the analysts off that were at that briefing.

Suppose PPH is seen as 'cheap' because sub $1 is a long way off $2.30 odd it was not that long ago ...could say less than half price ...cheap as
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Pushpay share price been in free fall since Molly refused to answer a question that an analyst put to her about the number of customers they had .... pissed most of the analysts off that were at that briefing.

Suppose PPH is seen as 'cheap' because sub $1 is a long way off $2.30 odd it was not that long ago ...could say less than half price ...cheap as
    yeah that was weird as!
    Analysts still have their target price way higher than the spot price.
    trading at ~19x march 2022 consensus PE and 18x 2023
    I guess the market is saying they don't believe consensus npat - gee I wonder why that is

Craigs see this as well oversold and a possible takeover play at these levels. Purchased a parcel Last week to add to my speculative side of the portfolio. Lots not to like, however current price looks attractive to me based on the risks.

Investments

@ $ 1.00 its has 20% downside risk vs 60% upside potential . Remember the promoters sold their stake to some investment company in US @ $ 2.10 not too much back ....US private investors are also not dummies to be fooled easily ...take the example of SKT investors from US ...they knew what they were doing and now they in the money big time ....hopefully PPH also has some story going on behind the scenes which we dont know as yet .

I have lots of faith in Craigs recommendations ....they are the only Brokers who have consistently outperformed the markets in their Broker's Picks for last 5 years ..not Jarden and surely not Forbar

Quote Originally Posted by alokdhir View Post
    @ $ 1.00 its has 20% downside risk vs 60% upside potential . Remember the promoters sold their stake to some investment company in US @ $ 2.10 not too much back ....US private investors are also not dummies to be fooled easily ...take the example of SKT investors from US ...they knew what they were doing and now they in the money big time ....hopefully PPH also has some story going on behind the scenes which we dont know as yet .

I have lots of faith in Craigs recommendations ....they are the only Brokers who have consistently outperformed the markets in their Broker's Picks for last 5 years ..not Jarden and surely not Forbar
    With all due respect ... I hope you have a more solid base for your investment decisions.

While both hope and faith have their places in the toolbox of human feelings ... none of them have proven any useful for making investment decisions.

Are you sure either it might be a good idea to have faith into the capabilities of US investors? Sure - some of them are better then others, but overall they are as easily fooled as everybody else. One does not even need to think about Game stop and Cryptocurrencies in this context ... just remember the dotcoms or watch the FANG's crashing down to what they are really worth. And - wasn't it BlackRock (i.e. American Investors) buying in November 2020 into Meridian, paying $7.40 for shares worth $5? Maybe they are not infallible ...

Can you help us to understand the basis for your calculation of PPH's upside vs downside risks? If they stop growing (not out of the question) they might be worth 10PE - that's what - 50 cents? ... and if their revenue starts shrinking due to competition (anybody can collect money) or due to the next big thing emerging in collecting fees for the faith industry - shudder.

Ah yes - and while each of us might have a favourite broker ... I have not yet seen a statistically significant analysis that one of the big ones in NZ gets it more often right (or wrong ) than the others. Sure - some acted in some circumstances clearly conflicted (with results as to be expected), but the reminder have all some ups and some downs in a sea of white noise following Ben Grahams well known citation. To predict the future you can take as well beagles famous silver dollar or a cheap pair of dice - they all do the job as well as our broking houses.
    Last edited by BlackPeter; 20-02-2022 at 11:43 AM.
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Investments

Quote Originally Posted by BlackPeter View Post
    With all due respect ... I hope you have a more solid base for your investment decisions.

While both hope and faith have their places in the toolbox of human feelings ... none of them have proven any useful for making investment decisions.

Are you sure either it might be a good idea to have faith into the capabilities of US investors? Sure - some of them are better then others, but overall they are as easily fooled as everybody else. One does not even need to think about Game stop and Cryptocurrencies in this context ... just remember the dotcoms or watch the FANG's crashing down to what they are really worth. And - wasn't it BlackRock (i.e. American Investors) buying in November 2020 into Meridian, paying $7.40 for shares worth $5? Maybe they are not infallible ...

Can you help us to understand the basis for your calculation of PPH's upside vs downside risks? If they stop growing (not out of the question) they might be worth 10PE - that's what - 50 cents? ... and if their revenue starts shrinking due to competition (anybody can collect money) or due to the next big thing emerging in collecting fees for the faith industry - shudder.

Ah yes - and while each of us might have a favourite broker ... I have not yet seen a statistically significant analysis that one of the big ones in NZ gets it more often right (or wrong ) than the others. Sure - some acted in some circumstances clearly conflicted (with results as to be expected), but the reminder have all some ups and some downs in a sea of white noise following Ben Grahams well known citation. To predict the future you can take as well beagles famous silver dollar or a cheap pair of dice - they all do the job as well as our broking houses.
    First of all PPH is a small speculative position based on hunch and faith then any market dynamics as mentioned by Shareguy ....Once that part out of the way ...Craigs recommendations in Broker's Picks for last 5 years is in public domain ....U can very easily verify what I wrote about them doing better then all others which is the basis of my FAITH in their picks .

Whether I actually understand why it should go up or not is not required as I said its based on my faith and hope . I am trying to follow Craigs advise here like I have been doing in last few years and it had helped me do well overall ...not all winners but more winners then losers ...eg last year market was flat but Craigs did plus 22% and that was not their best year . In 2020 market up 13% and they up 21.3% , 2019 market up 31.6% and they 47.7% , 2018 market down 4.3% they up 21.2 % and so on ....just shows they have very consistent track record of beating market which is the basis of the FAITH and HOPE

https://www.marketscreener.com/quote...790/consensus/

This also HELPED !!
    Last edited by alokdhir; 20-02-2022 at 01:52 PM.

Legend

The Hawk is in doubt as to whether the FAITH and HOPE alone is likely to result in many or
    possibly any multibaggers with PPH, based on past history

So what your basically saying is you dont do the research but just follow Craigs picks .
    This actually good be a good strategy for a lot of people and saves a lot of work ! but ruins the fun lol