sharetrader
Page 267 of 288 FirstFirst ... 167217257263264265266267268269270271277 ... LastLast
Results 2,661 to 2,670 of 2876

I think the Catholic deal will be done. They wouldn't be spending the money, making changes to their app and announcing it unless they were confident it was going to happen once milestones are met. Then they'll be on a path to servicing the nearly 70,000,000 catholics in the US. I think a rollout could be relatively rapid too, with a much more centralised, top-down structure than many other churches. People selling at little over $1 now will cry if i'm right.

Investments

Quote Originally Posted by Nigelk View Post
    I think the Catholic deal will be done. They wouldn't be spending the money, making changes to their app and announcing it unless they were confident it was going to happen once milestones are met. Then they'll be on a path to servicing the nearly 70,000,000 catholics in the US. I think a rollout could be relatively rapid too, with a much more centralised, top-down structure than many other churches. People selling at little over $1 now will cry if i'm right.
    When its expected to be announced ? 11th May results or Annual meeting 16th June ?
    Something surely is cooking and SP can move big time with some positive developments

Quote Originally Posted by Nigelk View Post
    Probably useful to look at the facts behind all the hype.

70 million catholics in the US? Perhaps, if you count everyone as catholic who happened to be baptised at some stage in her life in a catholic church.

How many of them are regularly going to service? Worldwide it is roughly 10% of the baptised - i.e. we talk only 7 million.

Most of these will give most of their donations by monthly / quarterly or annual bank transfers - no benefit to the church if they would change to PPH and PPH plus VISA take a big bite of the donations they get currently.

And don't forget - catholic priests rarely are able to compete with the marketing professionals in the bible belt who would sell their grandmother for getting more coin ... i.e. less spontaneous "Halleluja" donations (just push the button, will you).

Does not leave such a big increase for PPH, even if the deal goes ahead, isn't it?

... and maybe think Wynyard (WYN) if you want an example for a Software company doing changes in advance of a customer signing up. Clearly effort in advance may or may not pay back.

Even from a pure TA perspective - the trend looks ugly.

I recon the hype deflation for PPH is likely to continue, but sure - there always might be some small ripples for the traders.
    Last edited by BlackPeter; 21-04-2022 at 09:45 AM.
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Shareholders probably being put of their misery .... takeover on cards

http://nzx-prod-s7fsd7f98s.s3-websit...975/369216.pdf
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Fiordland Moose View Post
    if PPH deliver on consensus earnings this year the SP will rocket. If a buyer has conviction in the consensus forecasts going forward it probably is a takeover.
    Question is - will PPH deliver on its consensus? The market says no. But - proof is in the pudding.
    Consensus delivered and takeover interest confirmed. Excellent.

Yes more great news. And I thought today would be grim.

Aspiring to be an Awesome Bear

Quote Originally Posted by Fiordland Moose View Post
    Consensus delivered and takeover interest confirmed. Excellent.
    You were spot on Mr Moose, well done

Aspiring to be an Awesome Bear

Hmm to hold or take the money and run

Last trade $1.29

Quote Originally Posted by RupertBear View Post
    Hmm to hold or take the money and run
    One bird in the hand vs two in the bush?

I guess it depends on how good you are with your falcon ... (that's where the saying is coming from) ;

Obviously - the takeover may or may not eventuate and the potential bidder may or may not be right in seeing value (if he does).

The other question would be - is this potential bid just a (temporary) gamechanger for the price hype or does it change the underlying business proposition?

Discl: 2 hot 4 me ... never really trusted some of their board members, never saw their value above the market price and see so far no reason to change my views ... but not particular good in predicting hypeswings.
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)