sharetrader
Page 36 of 288 FirstFirst ... 263233343536373839404686136 ... LastLast

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Entrep View Post
    blaming market sentiment, Wynyard and Orion

Dilettante

Quite a healthy turnover today and SP holding. Will this be the bottom this time ???

Investor

Well, explains to some extent why Paul Shigles Chief Operating Officer has been offloading his shares in past few months. Leaving the company end of Feb '17 along some key management changes as per notification given today on NZX.

Dilettante

Quote Originally Posted by sb9 View Post
    Well, explains to some extent why Paul Shigles Chief Operating Officer has been offloading his shares in past few months. Leaving the company end of Feb '17 along some key management changes as per notification given today on NZX.
    Quite some changes indeed. Probably the biggest change is the move of senior operational staff to the USA pointing to continued build up and growth there. What do you read into this announcement sb9 ?

Investor

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    Quite some changes indeed. Probably the biggest change is the move of senior operational staff to the USA pointing to continued build up and growth there. What do you read into this announcement sb9 ?
    My take is that Paul has been shown door diplomatically.

And big push to US based staff means they're very serious about maximising opportunities over there as they mentioned in their last update that starting from thanksgiving day until Christmas is whe they expect huge growth in church donations.

Another point is Chris has more time to look into more strategic areas to bolt in future growth. Having said that from sp perspective, there still seem to be lot of selling pressure for one or two big holders and looks like that won't vanish anytime soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Ace View Post
    Do you mean like this ~170k 2016 Audi RS6 with an oddly recognisable plate I spotted a few days ago? a fairly excessive company car or xmas just came early for someone. There is one on trademe for about 200k if anyone is looking to treat themselves hahaha.

Attachment 8526
    There's an old adage that one should never invest in a company that owns a corporate jet. RS6 not known to break any altitude records but a jet or sorts nonetheless. Disc - Don't own, this company doesn't meet my investment criteria on a number of grounds.
    Last edited by Beagle; 23-12-2016 at 02:48 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Dilettante

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    There's an old adage that one should never invest in a company that owns a corporate jet. RS6 not known to break any altitude records but a jet or sorts nonetheless. Disc - Don't own, this company doesn't meet my investment criteria on a number of grounds.
    A relatively small part of my portfolio is often invested in high risk and often unproven businesses. Some have done me very well such as ATM and DIL, some terribly like PRC. None of them meet the investment criteria I use for the largest part of my investment portfolio. But they've been fun.
    This one so far is in the red for me but I will be holding it very long term unless something unforeseen happens. May even top up along the way :-)

Have a good Christmas mate and all other SH as well. May 2017 be a prosperous and happy one for us all.
    Last edited by iceman; 23-12-2016 at 05:47 PM. Reason: spelling

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    A relatively small part of my portfolio is often invested in high risk and often unproven businesses. Some have done me very well such as ATM and DIL, some terribly like PRC. None of them meet the investment criteria I use for the largest part of my investment portfolio. But they've been fun.
    This one so far is in the red for me but I will be holding it very long term unless something unforeseen happens. May even top up along the way :-)

Have a good Christmas mate and all other SH as well. May 2017 be a prosperous and happy one for us all.
    Yes fair comment, maybe having ~ 5% of one's portfolio in speculative investments isn't a bad idea...food for thought for 2017's strategy.
    Merry Christmas mate, and all the best for Christmas and the new year to everyone.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

I don't have any inside knowledge, but the way i read is he don't want to move to US. Pity he's sold down.