sharetrader
Page 54 of 288 FirstFirst ... 44450515253545556575864104154 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by kizame View Post
    You have to ask yourself on what basis did you buy into this fast growing overachieving huge potential tech company in the first place,do you not believe in what is being achieved and the potential here?
    My personal view is,that this is THE tech company with the greatest potential on our market at the moment. Another DIL in the making as far as I can see.
    Now I might be overhyping,then again I may not be.
    You answered the question for me - it's a fast growing overachieving huge potential tech company.......and astute followers said the share price is going to $3.60 this year.

That's why I bought ......and now worried that I bought at the top because I'm under water at the moment - unlike majority of other punters.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    You answered the question for me - it's a fast growing overachieving huge potential tech company.......and astute followers said the share price is going to $3.60 this year.

That's why I bought ......and now worried that I bought at the top because I'm under water at the moment - unlike majority of other punters.
    Not so... Have a wee look at where the shareprice was before it listed in Aus. I'm sure there are many more "under the water" at the moment,but if the shareprice is going to 3.60, so what.
    Too much potential here to worry about short term noise.

Yeap, no worries, I overheard two personal trainers at the gym saying it would hit $3.50 - $3.60 by Christmas and you could set your watch by that so we're all good
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post

Not so... Have a wee look at where the shareprice was before it listed in Aus. I'm sure there are many more "under the water" at the moment,but if the shareprice is going to 3.60, so what.
    Too much potential here to worry about short term noise.

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    Yeap, no worries, I overheard two personal trainers at the gym saying it would hit $3.50 - $3.60 by Christmas and you could set your watch by that so we're all good
    classic post ...

and must be true - that's what my shoe shine boy was reckoning as well .
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Quote Originally Posted by BlackPeter View Post
    classic post ...

You have your OWN shoeshine boy!

Quote Originally Posted by kizame View Post
    You have your OWN shoeshine boy!
    You don't?

Just kidding ... I never said that I OWN a shoeshine boy.

Need to wait for Trump to first repeal the relevant legislation now that the South did win the war ... and than annex NZ (though the other way around might work as well ...).
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Quote Originally Posted by BlackPeter View Post
    classic post ...

LOL definitely tongue firmly in cheek as I do hold, (albeit a very modest position worth 3% of my portfolio). When punting, (and lets be honest anything currently not EPS positive is a punt rather than an investment...well, at least in in my book although it wouldn't surprise me if some beg to differ), it pays to measure your bets with a very healthy dose of common sense and prudence. This stock has a lot of potential but as far as I am concerned risk management 101 still applies.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Watching the sp drop is definitely not the best thing to see but after running their growth numbers a few weeks back (some of which can be found in this post) I have no doubt they have set this up to over perform. As long as they get half the growth they did last year they reach their 100m target and get cash flow positive by Q3.

Reincarnated Panthera Snow Leopard's Avatar

Arrow Between the vacuuming and mopping

The great thing about a growing company which is currently making a loss is that you can imagine any size future pie that you wish.

It is as easy to write '$100 million profit' as it is to write '$100 thousand profit' (probably easier: it has one less letter and you have that double 'l') so why not?

When a company starts being profitable in the accounting sense then often a reality sets in and the SP falls.

But PPH is not there yet and the simple Tiger Test for Tempting Techs is this question:

In the foreseeable future* can you see this company making a profit equal to 10% of the current market capitalisation (PPH market cap: $471M) ?

If the answer is 'No' it is definitely over-priced from your investment perspective.

Best Wishes
    Paper Tiger

*a somewhat vague term that you will wish to quantify yourself
    Last edited by Snow Leopard; 05-03-2017 at 06:35 PM. Reason: a few things missing
    om mani peme hum