sharetrader
Page 88 of 288 FirstFirst ... 387884858687888990919298138188 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by silverblizzard888 View Post
    Things do change, but you have to ask yourself has the fundamentals and does it matter if break-even is a different date if it means more growth?
    I guess I am old fashioned and when a company promises they are going to do something I expect them to stick with the plan, (plenty of other companies have no problem growing after getting to break even), so yes it matters to me that they have pushed out their expected break even by a year. Of course they would talk their own book about a new plan promoting more growth, they have too as otherwise nobody would give them more capital but the fact of the matter is the new customer attraction rate is slowing but their staff headcount shows no signs of doing so. Maybe once the hype dies down a bit again and we get a correction I'll see if I have any faith left in a company that's broken its promise...but in the meantime you can put me back in the "Doubting Thomas" camp with this one.

Tell you what though, if it keeps going up I undertake not to bore the back teeth out of investors with repeated shrill cries of "it's overpriced, its overpriced" like a really irritating shrieking parrot like some investors do on the AIR thread. If it keeps going up and investors make lots of money, good on them, risk and reward and all that sort of thing...
    Last edited by Beagle; 21-07-2017 at 04:21 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by forest View Post
    Those share placements seem very profitable for a couple of directors of PPH.
    At least 2 directors got an allocation.
    Graham Shaw a director managed to get over 1.3 mil share allocated for $2mil at the price of $1.51
    Graham made over 30% on his purchase in just a few days.
    The directors decided to do the capital raising as a share placement.
    This shuts out many share holders of the opportunity to take part in buying shares at a discount.
    If the same directors then take part in buying those discounted shares would that be a conflict of interest?
    As a director of PPH the capital should be raised at the highest possible price for the additional shares however on a personal bases a lower more discounted price for the new shares would be an advantage.
    I'll have another go at posting this....
    Correction to some misinformation ...I received a message from...

Quote: -

moosie.png Don't know if you want to correct it or not, but the 2M shares taken up by Graham Shaw were taken off Elliott Crowther at the cap raise price of $1.51. No new shares were issued to him.
    Last edited by Hoop; 21-07-2017 at 04:29 PM.

Thanks Hoop, I stand corrected. I should read those notices with a bit more attention to detail.

I do believe that the Chair, Bruce Gordon had an allocation of 149 thousand shares in the share placement.
    So my concern for a potential conflict of interest in this share placement is still the same.

Banned

Told u guys to book in profit when it was $2 ish..it will now standing on $1.8 to $1.90 ish level till next announcement...

Quote Originally Posted by King1212 View Post
    Told u guys to book in profit when it was $2 ish..it will now standing on $1.8 to $1.90 ish level till next announcement...
    And you know this how? I'm sorry but some of the comments on this site are getting ridiculous with pure spectulation around the SP of stocks

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by JeremyALD View Post
    And you know this how? I'm sorry but some of the comments on this site are getting ridiculous with pure spectulation around the SP of stocks
    Mate...was a holder 3 years ago...bought in when it was $8 ish..

a lot of gurus laughed at me as pay was pure spec stock...then it went by 4. Saw my holding went 50% profit then dropped almost 50% n went back again to $2.40 ish...decided to book in profit before oz ipo.....

been lookin ths stock drops ever since...a lot of holders are in around oz ipo...

again my 2 cents opinion...

Banned

This is what I learned from the gurus here.

stocks that in growth mode, make revenue and profit and pay dividend...u buy and hold n keep eyes on it...

stocks that in growth mode, making revenue but not profit n no dividend, u speculate..buy low n sell high to book in profit.....

i have no doubt PAY will shine in the future...but can others park thier money in PAY possible years till the make money

please let me know other thoughts?

Dilettante

King1212 your approach is fine if that is how your investment strategy is. I take a much longer view when I invest in "startups" such as PPH and watch the companies progress carefully, not solely the daily SP movements. I have been very happy with PPH and the great progress they are making so have seen no need to sell. The recent announcement is the first that slightly disappoints me with pushing out the breakeven (cash) date. After consideration, I decided that management has been pretty well on the ball so far and I will give them the benefit of the doubt with their belief that getting more cash to drive further growth is the right way to go and will continue holding.

This longterm investment horizon is an approach that has done me well with new-ish companies like ATM, DIL and HBL over the years, all of which were very rocky over long periods and many posters on here did not have much faith in them at times, particularly ATM and DIL. So we clearly have a different approach to investing. Neither is right and neither is wrong. They are how we choose to invest. Only time will tell how successful PPH will be and it is far too early to be posting "told you so" comments based on trading over a few days.

How were you a SH 3 years ago and when did you buy in at $8 ? Pushpay listed on the NZAX on 17 August 2014 and migrated to the NZX in June 2015 and has never to my knowledge traded at anywhere near that price. Looks like you may have paid a little too much if you bought in "when it was $8 ish"
    Last edited by iceman; 22-07-2017 at 08:00 PM. Reason: spelling

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    King1212 your approach is fine if that is how your investment strategy is. I take a much longer view when I invest in "startups" such as PPH and watch the companies progress carefully, not solely the daily SP movements. I have been very happy with PPH and the great progress they are making so have seen no need to sell. The recent announcement is the first that slightly disappoints me with pushing out the breakeven (cash) date. After consideration, I decided that management has been pretty well on the ball so far and I will give them the benefit of the doubt with their belief that getting more cash to drive further growth is the right way to go and will continue holding.

This longterm investment horizon is an approach that has done me well with new-ish companies like ATM, DIL and HBL over the years, all of which were very rocky over long periods and many posters on here did not have much faith in them at times, particularly ATM and DIL. So we clearly have a different approach to investing. Neither is right and neither is wrong. They are how we choose to invest. Only time will tell how successful PPH will be and it is far too early to be posting "told you so" comments based on trading over a few days.

How were you a SH 3 years ago and when did you buy in at $8 ? Pushpay listed on the NZAX on 17 August 2014 and migrated to the NZX in June 2015 and has never to my knowledge traded at anywhere near that price. Looks like you may have paid a little too much if you bought in "when it was $8 ish"

Puspay share cut by 4....do the research....

yes long term....look at OHE...cut loss when it was $3.. boy..lucky me...story is all growth....

will get in PAY..if sp shows weakness or fear kick in...
    Last edited by King1212; 22-07-2017 at 08:58 PM.

Advanced Member

"when it was $8 ish"

Oct. 14 2015 Open $7.30 High of $8.40 Close $7.30

Disc. Never a holder. always a watcher.