sharetrader
Page 234 of 288 FirstFirst ... 134184224230231232233234235236237238244284 ... LastLast
Results 2,331 to 2,340 of 2876

Quote Originally Posted by tango View Post
    THANK YOU 🌟

This is super helpful. In the past I had read books and done courses talking about the Buffett method which is basically buy a good business at a margin of safety price and then sit back and let the winners ride. More recently I saw someone who is a Buffett disciple use TA for entry and exit points, both for individual stocks and to get a sense of overall market trends, and a huge freaking light bulb went on. I could see that using that strategy I may leave some gains on the table but I dramatically reduce the risk of being caught out with big market dips and as you say there is an opportunity cost of letting it sit in a company going nowhere.

For some reason I had a mental block about this idea of selling shares and then rebuying. Time for a change in strategy!

Your post just added to my knowledge and reinforced the need sharpen my TA skills until I truly understand it!! 🌟
    The people that hate on TA are the ones who use it without fundamental endpoints / perspectives. If you blindly follow TA obviously you’ll lose money. But if you use it to position your holdings and try to gauge when the holding will be more of an opportunity cost than gain in your respective time frame it’s more than useful

Some people think any time is a great time to buy a stock and I think that’s a great way to get stuck holding a down tending company based on your subjective analysis of a business for years on end - learnt this early on

[COLOR=var(--primary-text)]Pushpay announces ChurchStaq, an all-inclusive suite of end-to-end engagement solutions including a comprehensive church management system (ChMS), mobile app, donor management and giving solution, to help churches know, grow, and keep their people.

When Pushpay and Church Community Builder joined forces almost 8 months ago, our teams were excited by what our combined technologies would be able to offer to help further the ministries of our customers. The need for technology, built specifically for the church, is a critical component for churches to be able to know, grow, and keep their people. As a combined company, our strategy is to provide churches with uncompromising, best in class software built for the church. The results of this combination have been incredible. Churches who use Pushpay and Church Community Builder together have seen a 24% increase in recurring givers compared to churches who use a competing giving platform.
    [/COLOR]
    [COLOR=var(--primary-text)]https://pushpay.com/blog/connect-2020-product-launch/[/COLOR]

Forsyth Barr just updated new report today 10 Sep 2020.

"Our ongoing discussions with a number of churches across the US confirms our positive view of where PPH is tracking and that digital giving is here to stay. Many US churches have re-opened their doors to physical church services during September and we see upside risk for FY21 forecasts. Feedback from churches confirms our view that church goers give more to an organisation where there is a higher level of physical engagement, while digital giving is still likely to remain the predominant method of donation, due to concerns over handling cash. A high number of small church closures during COVID-19 has accelerated church consolidation in the US, further expanding the more established megachurches. While front book sales are likely to have slowed in recent weeks due to PPH employees working from home and short-term church disruption, we remain positive on the impact of the integrated CCB/PPH bundle (re-branded as ChurchStaq) once normal activity resumes and churches realise they need a longer term digital strategy. We update our valuation methodology to 1) include Australian technology peers on an EV/Sales basis, and 2) lower our WACC from 8.9% to 8.1% in light of changes to cost of capital and increase our target price to NZ$13.06. We view weakness in the current share price as a good buying opportunity."

Actually, I really want to buy in but the Major Shareholders and The CEO sold the shares made me confuse man.

Investor

Quote Originally Posted by Louisphan View Post
    Forsyth Barr just updated new report today 10 Sep 2020.

"Our ongoing discussions with a number of churches across the US confirms our positive view of where PPH is tracking and that digital giving is here to stay. Many US churches have re-opened their doors to physical church services during September and we see upside risk for FY21 forecasts. Feedback from churches confirms our view that church goers give more to an organisation where there is a higher level of physical engagement, while digital giving is still likely to remain the predominant method of donation, due to concerns over handling cash. A high number of small church closures during COVID-19 has accelerated church consolidation in the US, further expanding the more established megachurches. While front book sales are likely to have slowed in recent weeks due to PPH employees working from home and short-term church disruption, we remain positive on the impact of the integrated CCB/PPH bundle (re-branded as ChurchStaq) once normal activity resumes and churches realise they need a longer term digital strategy. We update our valuation methodology to 1) include Australian technology peers on an EV/Sales basis, and 2) lower our WACC from 8.9% to 8.1% in light of changes to cost of capital and increase our target price to NZ$13.06. We view weakness in the current share price as a good buying opportunity."

Actually, I really want to buy in but the Major Shareholders and The CEO sold the shares made me confuse man.
    Thanks for that, added more y'day.

7.34 very tempted!

Investor

Kiwi company Pushpay set to double profit thanks to 'digital giving' US church-goers, analyst says

https://www.stuff.co.nz/business/ind...s-analyst-says
    Last edited by sb9; 16-09-2020 at 02:05 PM.

Investor

Big crossing, wonder who's selling now...

783.5 1,700,000 12:45 SP

Quote Originally Posted by sb9 View Post
    Big crossing, wonder who's selling now...
    Simply Wall St says Outgoing CEO? Heslip sold 16.5 million shares for $3.97 last December. He will be regretting that now.
    Director Chris Huljich sold 5 million in July for $8.60 while a week later CFO Samson sold a mere 50,000 of his shares for $8.06, and Director Justine Gay Smyth sold 60,000 on Sept 1 for $8.69.

That leaves Shaw, McMurchy and Fowler - or perhaps Sampson selling a few more of his.

But the insiders still hold about 21 million shares in PPH, so those sales may have been just to pay their grocery and power bills for a few weeks.
    Last edited by Jiggs; 18-09-2020 at 11:53 AM.

Investor

787 2,057,754 10:18 SP

Looks like Kabouter offloading more of their remainder of 11mln shares...another 9mln only to go.

Jarden upgrade to Outperform with target $9.30 from $6.54