sharetrader
Page 185 of 288 FirstFirst ... 85135175181182183184185186187188189195235285 ... LastLast
Results 1,841 to 1,850 of 2876

Quote Originally Posted by Ogg View Post
    Are you referring to ASX:BIG? I predicted that fall months before it collapsed.

Oggede was my account on HC: https://hotcopper.com.au/threads/my-...ew-tv.3669144/
    I did ... tongue firmly in cheek.
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

On my rounds and just a little behind..

Wow. Have the NZX finally grown some teeth? https://www.nzx.com/announcements/321300
    This stock has been bouncing around like rubber ball all year - just like ATM did and we know where that eventually ended up....

Quote Originally Posted by blobbles View Post
    I am amazed at the number of investors on here that haven't even downloaded the app and used it to donate money themselves. Nothing like first hand research to show you the experience and many charities are on the app, not just churches. .
    Maybe its because there aint than many NZ charities on there. I sure as heck not giving to Destiny Church just to try out an App!. This doesn't bother me - I am not much interested in them spending there sales / marketing resource on a small pool like NZ

Quote Originally Posted by drcjp View Post
    Wow. Have the NZX finally grown some teeth? https://www.nzx.com/announcements/321300
    This stock has been bouncing around like rubber ball all year - just like ATM did and we know where that eventually ended up....
    I bet PPH are quaking in their boots. You should see the penalty applied to RBC for its non-response to the 18 May price enquiry.

老外

Quote Originally Posted by minimoke View Post
    Maybe its because there aint than many NZ charities on there. I sure as heck not giving to Destiny Church just to try out an App!. This doesn't bother me - I am not much interested in them spending there sales / marketing resource on a small pool like NZ
    They have UNICEF and the Red Cross which I can't imagine people being too precious about giving to.

Quote Originally Posted by blobbles View Post
    They have UNICEF and the Red Cross which I can't imagine people being too precious about giving to.
    Neither are on my list of charities.

But it does highlight a problem for charities. If you do a search for "NZ" or "New Zealand" to find NZ related charities you wont bring up UNICEF. Customers need to think a bit more on how they set their end up. Or PPH should be giving them this advice

Where the App could get "smarter' is a search function so I could search charities near me. I might like to give to the local plunket group or Battered Wives Shelter, if they were registered.

You don't need to actually proceed and donate money to check out the app.

Quote Originally Posted by Ogg View Post
    The funny thing is that I've never downloaded or used the app either, lol. If you know enough about technology you don't need to. You can just piece together knowledge and form a consensus about how it likely works.

Tech investing isn't about understanding how something works. It's about understanding how something will likely work in the future.
    Ogg you are right, it’s totally fine to not try out technology first hand.

However if you are going to have opinions as strong as yours and express them so vocally, it would probably be good if you did have some first hand experience.

Regardless I enjoy your comments and treat them as if you are ‘red hatting’ the often very positive sentiments of PPH found on this forum. I treat yours (the negative) and others (the positive) with a grain of salt.

Really highlights the ol DYOR mantra

Religious congregations receive the largest share of American charitable giving. They received 32 percent of all charitable donations in 2016, according to the most recent estimates from Giving USA 2017. Giving to religion totaled $122.94 billion

According to the Economist Magazine (issue 9094 2 - 8 June)

Americans gave some $390b to charities in 2016.

$280b came from individuals and of this $120b went to religious charities as noted by Nigelk.

Damn those churches do well.

Quote Originally Posted by Nigelk View Post
    Religious congregations receive the largest share of American charitable giving. They received 32 percent of all charitable donations in 2016, according to the most recent estimates from Giving USA 2017. Giving to religion totaled $122.94 billion