sharetrader
Page 195 of 288 FirstFirst ... 95145185191192193194195196197198199205245 ... LastLast
Results 1,941 to 1,950 of 2876
    Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lorne Ranger View Post
    Too bad Trump's tax cuts were only for the rich and not the peasants otherwise there really would be more to put in the collection plate of each church!
    I have learned that investing in stocks that involved no profit were really bad for me and I chose not to invest in these high hype companies anymore!! I want to see the break even before investing. Since it got to $4+ I saw the share price not sustainable and the company was massively over valued. Great for the traders, not for the longterm holders until it makes solid profits.

learning to see in the dark

Quote Originally Posted by Ggcc View Post
    I have learned that investing in stocks that involved no profit were really bad for me and I chose not to invest in these high hype companies anymore!! I want to see the break even before investing. Since it got to $4+ I saw the share price not sustainable and the company was massively over valued. Great for the traders, not for the longterm holders until it makes solid profits.
    I thought PPH were predicting break even/profit in the next year? Your investment policy is a sound one, cant argue with that, but it would rule out quite a few stocks, XRO is the obvious one. But like I say, your call and still a fair few stocks to chose from.

Advanced Member

I thought PPH were predicting break even/profit in the next year? Your investment policy is a sound one, cant argue with that, but it would rule out quite a few stocks, XRO is the obvious one. But like I say, your call and still a fair few stocks to chose from.
    It baffles me that Xero which in itself is a great product, is a company that has an annual turnover of $400+ million fy2018 of what ATM should make in profit fy19?????

Something does not compute...

Sure one can argue these businesses are not the same and they are not, but ones makes a profit almost as big as your turnover and (ATM)is still growing faster than Xero seems to be growing...

PPH is only small now and I hope they keep growing well and last long on the NZX for the future. I remember WYN told me they would be break even by the end of the year and then told us sorry we are now in voluntary liquidation, that did not work well for me and I lost big time..

Oh the fun of investing verses the gambling of winning. Best of luck to all holders, but Im not getting involved.

Aspiring to be an Awesome Bear

Quote Originally Posted by Ggcc View Post
    It baffles me that Xero which in itself is a great product, is a company that has an annual turnover of $400+ million fy2018 of what ATM should make in profit fy19?????

Something does not compute...

Sure one can argue these businesses are not the same and they are not, but ones makes a profit almost as big as your turnover and (ATM)is still growing faster than Xero seems to be growing...

PPH is only small now and I hope they keep growing well and last long on the NZX for the future. I remember WYN told me they would be break even by the end of the year and then told us sorry we are now in voluntary liquidation, that did not work well for me and I lost big time..

Oh the fun of investing verses the gambling of winning. Best of luck to all holders, but Im not getting involved.
    I got badly stung holding WYN as well I held PPH for a while but got out recently on the cusp of it falling. No more holding and watching the ship go down for me. It may resurface but I am happy to watch from the sidelines for now.

Investor

Better looking day so far, could be that some big fella was looking to get out over past few days. Looks as though selling not instigated by shorts going by their numbers over last few days.

https://www.shortman.com.au/stock?q=pph

They are aiming to cash flow break even, not the income statement break even.

Heading to 350 again

Expect a few will soon come out and boost the share price again ......can’t let it sink too far can we.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Heading to 350 again

Expect a few will soon come out and boost the share price again ......can’t let it sink too far can we.
    Don't you mean $3.00 ?

Risk of a speeding enquiry I reckon but would be a waste of time. Company would say everything is fine and dandy.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.”
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Heading to 350 again

Nudged $3.45 today before closing at $3.47