sharetrader
Page 207 of 288 FirstFirst ... 107157197203204205206207208209210211217257 ... LastLast
Results 2,061 to 2,070 of 2876

Nice, steady uplift

Taking some profit after 22% lift in SP this last month, so sold down ~5% of my holding.
    SP has been falling after each quarterly announcement for the last couple of years.
    This one may be different with a solid profit result likely.
    Clearly one or more big buyers algo-trading, 14 trades to buy just 4000 shares from me.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Nigelk View Post
    Taking some profit after 22% lift in SP this last month, so sold down ~5% of my holding.
    SP has been falling after each quarterly announcement for the last couple of years.
    Clearly one or more big buyers algo-trading, 14 trades to buy just 4000 shares from me.
    Agreed, SP lift prior to announcement followed by decline is a pattern. I too am planning to sell down prior to results but will do so on the ASX.

learning to see in the dark

Quote Originally Posted by Nigelk View Post
    Yeah I considered this but I wonder if some of that drop has already been realised over the last 3 months? PPH approach the latest results with a uniquely subdued recent SP history, so I think if there is a fall (not a sure thing) then it will be pretty modest, unless the results are terrible which I dont believe they will be. So I think there are very few other shares with more positive prospects, so Ill sit this one in I think.

50 MAseems to be nearing or crossing over and SP over the 200. So there does seem to be a bit of positive sentiment . Might be time to buy back in ?.

Banned

I did buy in with my oz left over fund when it pulled back. next week report will be good...first profit..not loss...so it will be different

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by King1212 View Post
    Just doing what they said they would do

Just see how much ebitda increases each year from here on in now that the business is ‘maturing’ - ie expense base stable with growing revenues and margins

Pretty cool
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Dilettante

Big management changes with change of CEO and some Board changes. Setting up for the next stage !

Quote Originally Posted by King1212 View Post
    Slightly confused by their earnings statement. On page 40 of their annual report they claim:

Revenue 98.4m (US$);

Deduct from that third party direct cost (basically the money they pay to the credit card company) of US$ 37.9m leaves US$ 60.5m;

Deduct from that their operating expense of 62.5m leaves a loss of US$ 2 million;

Accountants found some foreign exchange gains (US$ 0.6m) - add them and we still have a loss of US$ 1.4m.

And now comes the magic: Somebody found an income tax benefit of US$20.2m. Just wondering whether IRD really transferred this money to them, but can't find it in the cash flow.

Hmm.

Are they really declaring a potential tax savings in future years (if things go well) as a net profit? I am not an accountant, but wondering whether this is standard accounting practise or just very creative accounting?

Attachment 10526

Smells a bit fishy, doesn't it?
    Last edited by BlackPeter; 08-05-2019 at 10:20 AM.
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)