sharetrader
Page 91 of 288 FirstFirst ... 4181878889909192939495101141191 ... LastLast
    Guru

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    No response

That $1.1 billion revenue a load of old codswallop than? or don't any of you have any feel for revenues behind the touted $70m for F2018
    Don't know W69 ,just know well in the money. LTH after selling 1/2 @ $2.35 few months back

Investor / Wizard / Mall Santa Pricey's Avatar
    "His loyalty couldn't be bought at any price; but it could be rented remarkably cheaply."

Good find. Very interesting. Any idea what system the COE is going to use?

Investor / Wizard / Mall Santa Pricey's Avatar

Based on this article it would appear they are simply going to set up terminals, although that doesn't seem too efficient: https://www.ft.com/content/2e803942-..._Moreover//B2B

Definitely a crowded space with identical/similar offerings. I don't mind the cap raising by PPH so they can push into new churches. I can imagine it would be quite hard to convince a church to change when they are already set up with a competitor.
    "His loyalty couldn't be bought at any price; but it could be rented remarkably cheaply."

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Pricey View Post
    Based on this article it would appear they are simply going to set up terminals, although that doesn't seem too efficient: https://www.ft.com/content/2e803942-..._Moreover//B2B

Definitely a crowded space with identical/similar offerings. I don't mind the cap raising by PPH so they can push into new churches. I can imagine it would be quite hard to convince a church to change when they are already set up with a competitor.

"....Definitely a crowded space with identical/similar offerings....".

No it's not on both accounts....

There is very little competition in PPH's market....and the digital payments are vastly different..

COE from what I'm reading are using terminals to swipe bank cards so you have to be present at the church to make a donation...PPH uses an app for smart phones and is online direct crediting and donations to the church is not limited by location. The app has multi-functions (see image below).PPH's entire system installed within an organisation can be a very powerful Push/Pull marketing tool....COE's system is a single function unit limited to using terminals, and yes COE's system is in a crowded competitive space....PPH online direct transactions has great potential as this space is not overcrowded with competitors yet and this transaction system is flexible and can be specifically altered to be used by any organisation..

I guess PPH apps can be used similar to online banking as any individual as well as businesses and organisations can set up repeative payments/sales/crediting using their credit cards/bank accounts/whatever via PPH app..

Where PPH differs from online banking programs is their multi-features.... example PPH is pushing into schools with this system see image from their website
    Last edited by Hoop; 03-08-2017 at 06:59 PM.

Yes, COE's system certainly does appear to be rather backward, but it's still an advance over the incumbent method of donation I suppose.

The wider digital payments ecosystem (in app/in store/in website) could quite easily be dominated by Apple Pay and Android Pay, along with other newer entrants such as Samsung Pay. PPH do need to differentiate their offerings, and being a smaller more nimble company may give them the advantage they need.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Zaphod View Post
    Yes, COE's system certainly does appear to be rather backward, but it's still an advance over the incumbent method of donation I suppose.

The wider digital payments ecosystem (in app/in store/in website) could quite easily be dominated by Apple Pay and Android Pay, along with other newer entrants such as Samsung Pay. PPH do need to differentiate their offerings, and being a smaller more nimble company may give them the advantage they need.
    Yes..my initial thoughts were the big guys dominating..such as e-wallets etc but these are single purpose programs.. PPH has a different product as their programs are multi-functional one stop marketing/communication tools that thats able to interconnect (network) ..I'm guessing interconnecting with any Bank is one function of many.
    Disc: hold
    Last edited by Hoop; 03-08-2017 at 07:19 PM.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    No response

That $1.1 billion revenue a load of old codswallop than? or don't any of you have any feel for revenues behind the touted $70m for F2018
    Well, just in the USA in 2014, there are estimates of church giving at $50 Billion p.a. (https://www.fastcompany.com/3039328/...llection-plate) Add to that Canada, NZ, Australia, UK, rest of Europe, South America etc, etc and the amount is extremely large. So if PPH pick up 2% of USA giving alone, in a number of years, then they will process $1 Billion p.a.
    Why stop at churches? Non-Christian religions can be brought into the fold too, if PPH employ people who can work in those arenas. I hate the idea, but PPH has to be an ideal app for televangelists with their routine appeals. Press a button in the studio at the right time and out goes a message with the give-me message and let the supporters respond. Perhaps the PPH directors have some genuine faith and are not willing to support this kind of behaviour.

This stock has really stagnated ☹️

Quote Originally Posted by MikeE View Post
    This stock has really stagnated ☹️
    Hi all,
    We have been traveling through the USA for the past 3.5 months and spent considerable time in the lower very dedicated religious states. I would think this stocks prospects will only improve with large donation receipt increases due to Houston flooding. Time will tell! I have the faith.
    Regards
    -dodgy
    Last edited by dodgy; 31-08-2017 at 10:57 AM. Reason: dodgy spelling Huston