sharetrader
Page 96 of 288 FirstFirst ... 46869293949596979899100106146196 ... LastLast
    Banned

One thing I learnt as manager...u will never ever satisfy all your staffs....

Quote Originally Posted by Hectorplains View Post
    Great potential though

Hope they dismissed the disgruntled ones - sounded like they didn't like hard work

Shareholders require them to do their best plus - after all staff are just a commodity
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Quote Originally Posted by King1212 View Post
    One thing I learnt as manager...u will never ever satisfy all your staffs....
    Absolutely - however a good manager or a good organisation will always find much more people who are a good fit than people who are a misfit and therefore unhappy, and this means that they would as well get many more positive reviews than negative reviews.

I worked with many qualified staff and hired more than hundred during my career (all with university degrees). I only had to get rid of 3 of these (and they might as well write bad reviews about my previous employer, who knows).

It is incredibly expensive to hire staff which is a bad fit and therefore not happy with your organisation. You first have to hire them (make that one to two management months for highly qualified staff). You have to train them (add at least the same amount) and then you have to get rid of them (after finding out that they are unsuitable), which is under our employment laws not easy either. A bad staff selection can easily throw you back by half a management year ... and you haven't done a lot of positive stuff during this time.

PPH clearly seems to have problems finding the right people - i.e. they demonstrate incompetence in hiring suitable staff. Typical start up mistake, and a mistake many organisations pay for with the failure of their business. Why would anybody want to hire staff not happy with the organisation? Why would anybody invest into a business which is not even capable to select the right people to do the job? I'd consider this as a very basic capability ...

Managers with good recruitment skills as well as with great leadership skills are crucial - PPH seems not to care.

I remember that I've seen similar reviews from Wynyard staff ... maybe they are just some years ahead ....
    Last edited by BlackPeter; 23-09-2017 at 04:07 PM.
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

老外

The comparison to Wynyard comments were equally as bad is false. Many of the Wynyard comments stated their products were flawed, that they didn't do what they said they did, as well as inept management. Pushpays product clearly does what it says it does. The negative glassdoor reviews appear to be mostly from sales people who appear to be disgruntled with sales managers. Perfectly valid reason to be disgruntled but less problematic than Wynyards which were coming from bewildered engineers.

Quote Originally Posted by blobbles View Post
    The comparison to Wynyard comments were equally as bad is false. Many of the Wynyard comments stated their products were flawed, that they didn't do what they said they did, as well as inept management. Pushpays product clearly does what it says it does. The negative glassdoor reviews appear to be mostly from sales people who appear to be disgruntled with sales managers. Perfectly valid reason to be disgruntled but less problematic than Wynyards which were coming from bewildered engineers.
    Did I explore the sensitivities of your endowment effect? Does it hurt? So sorry.

Look blobbles, a comparison can't be "false". It only may or may not be appropriate in the context in which it is used. And sure, while you are right that Wynyard had a higher percentage of engineers complaining (maybe they didn't had that many sales people?), the story is in both cases the same: Too fast grown startup with little competency in leadership and hiring (the right) people.

Difficult to recover from that, particularly if the company does not acknowledge their weaknesses ...

But anyway - enjoy your holding and the SP rise as long as it lasts ... it is a speculative stock after all ... just one more red flag, nothing to worry about ...
    Last edited by BlackPeter; 24-09-2017 at 10:41 AM.
    ----

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by BlackPeter View Post
    Did I explore the sensitivities of your endowment effect? Does it hurt? So sorry.

Look blobbles, a comparison can't be "false". It only may or may not be appropriate in the context in which it is used. And sure, while you are right that Wynyard had a higher percentage of engineers complaining (maybe they didn't had that many sales people?), the story is in both cases the same: Too fast grown startup with little competency in leadership and hiring (the right) people.

Difficult to recover from that, particularly if the company does not acknowledge their weaknesses ...

But anyway - enjoy your holding and the SP rise as long as it lasts ... it is a speculative stock after all ... just one more red flag, nothing to worry about ...
    I find it quite strange BP that you find the negative with this company,yet look at the recent chart, BUT 2 that you were pumping recently have had share price slumps,namely CBL and MPG.

For others out there,even if you aren't into TA,look at the charts,study the growth prospects,and look at the charts again.
    As I've said before BP buy some shares in this company,you might end up with a few more positive things to say.

老外

Only pointing out the weakness in the comparison. You equivocated a company who sold a product that did not do what it say it does to a company whose product is proven to be sound. The similarity was that both companies had disgruntled sales people. The prior is a massive red flag, the latter is an orange flag that shows management needs to step up in the sales division. There is a false comparison in the former as the companies in question are/were doing the direct opposite of each other.

There is one average review from an engineer who complains about culture in all the glassdoor reviews, a very good sign for me (not everyone fits in everywhere) as there are many glowing reviews. You will also note the Sales people, while pissed off, many talk about making a lot of money and having to work long hours to do so. Sorry... but isn't this how sales works?? So many sales people I have known pretty much work 80 hour weeks for 6 months then take the other half of the year off, or something similar.

The biggest mistake PushPay could make is not listening to these reviews, lets hope they step up.

Divorced from logic Hectorplains's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kizame View Post
    I find it quite strange BP that you find the negative with this company,yet look at the recent chart, BUT 2 that you were pumping recently have had share price slumps,namely CBL and MPG.

For others out there,even if you aren't into TA,look at the charts,study the growth prospects,and look at the charts again.
    As I've said before BP buy some shares in this company,you might end up with a few more positive things to say.
    Yes, buying into the company is likely to improve your confirmation bias.

Quote Originally Posted by kizame View Post

Look Kizame - there is quite a herd of investors out there praising and up ramping stocks going up and thrashing companies going down. No need to join this chorus, they are already loud enough. Nothing wrong with TA either, but it is just observing where the stampede is currently going (and yes, this is an important information, too).

If you look into my posts - I normally try to find fundamental differentiators - sometimes the market sees them as well and the SP follows, and sometimes the market needs a bit longer. Obviously - sometimes I am as well wrong or fundamentals change. Did this never happen to you?

However - I am happy for you to comment in your posts the most recent share price movements (SP up, SP down) - maybe there are still investors around who can't see that for themselves? So maybe you should be happy with me looking a bit deeper and from time to time communicating my findings. if you don't like my posts - there is an easy way to avoid them.

I never said that I am able to predict where the herd is running in the next hour or days. Are you?

However - I do know that all herds need from time to time some food and water ... so maybe FA has its place as well ;
    Last edited by BlackPeter; 24-09-2017 at 12:55 PM. Reason: punctuation
    ----

老外

Look Kizame - there is quite a herd of investors out there praising and up ramping stocks going up and thrashing companies going down. No need to join this chorus, they are already loud enough. Nothing wrong with TA either, but it is just observing where the stampede is currently going (and yes, this is an important information, too).

If you look into my posts - I normally try to find fundamental differentiators - sometimes the market sees them as well and the SP follows, and sometimes the market needs a bit longer. Obviously - sometimes I am as well wrong or fundamentals change. Did this never happen to you?

However - I am happy for you to comment in your posts the most recent share price movements (SP up, SP down) - maybe there are still investors around who can't see that for themselves? So maybe you should be happy with me looking a bit deeper and from time to time communicating my findings. if you don't like my posts - there is an easy way to avoid them.

I never said that I am able to predict where the herd is running in the next hour or days. Are you?

However - I do know that all herds need from time to time some food and water ... so maybe FA has its place as well ;
    Our predictions are put to the test through the yearly stock picking contest.