sharetrader
Page 5 of 288 FirstFirst 1234567891555105 ... LastLast
    2019 NZ Stock Picking Winner silverblizzard888's Avatar

As I mention the number I came to was based on current expenditure, so it factors in their growth chasing motives, a company like this will never settle down in cost for the short and medium term anyway, so I prefer not to see it as all they need is 1250 customers to breakeven, but more how much they need to make while still chasing customers to breakeven. Such an investment would test my patiences too much. In the short run price may go up, but unless they deliver in the long run I don't have much to keep these shares in the cupboard and wait. Just to bare in mind I come from a value point of view, not a day traders)
    Last edited by silverblizzard888; 10-01-2015 at 04:09 PM.

Membaa

By 'clients', does that mean 'merchants' (churches, charities, businesses) who register to receive payments (are 'acquired') and whose ticket is clipped by Pushpay for each payment transaction to them, or 'payers' who download the mobile app and make payments to the merchants that Pushpay has acquired - or both?

The business model requires growth in both merchants and payers. The more merchants, the more likely there will be payers who choose the app. Their focus should be heavily towards acquiring merchants.

On the other hand, all the churches, charities and businesses who could become merchants have already been 'acquired' by banks. I think is it a big ask to take on the banking and payments sector, particularly as said sectors have also realised the requirement to aggressively move into mobile payments platforms.

It's all very well to develop a payments platform and isolate it from mainstream payments systems and banks, and even to acquire merchants who will get on board to diversify their payment sources, however it is a far more difficult proposition to convince people to download another app that helps them part with their money ... particularly when any online/mobile banking app can and does do the same thing - for any merchant and any payer, not just the merchants that Pushpay are able to acquire.

I don't see this business model being based on humungous growth and world domination of mobile payments, I see it as positioning for just sufficient scale that the business might be attractive to another organisation looking for a closed payments system, i.e. one not controlled by mainstream payments providers and banks. That or be bought by a bank, perhaps.

I also think, fwiw, that there is no way the current SP can be justified at current levels. Happy to hear other views on whether it is though.

Although the implementation of Apple Pay in NZ is going to be slow, it'll eventually be commonplace. Are there any immediate benefits of pushpay, compared to the lure that Apple seems to have on partnering with big banks at the moment?

Banned

With regards to ApplePay (and a host of other payment options), those technologies and tools are aimed at point-of-sale. EG, Walmart, Target, supermarkets etc.

Pushpay on the other hand, is aimed at non-point-of-sale. This, in the main, means churches and charities for Pushpay. However, there is other non-point-of-sale uses that could include enterprise (think of paying utility bills, particularly where you are a late payee), or where you might have an ongoing relationship with a merchant, such as a plumber, personal trainer or similar.

You would never use Pushpay to pay for your new kettle at Briscoes.

If ApplePay picks up in NZ, then it will be in places like Briscoes, Farmers, Starbucks, and Countdown. It is a product designed for payments to a merchant integrated with a cashier system that tabulates a sum. It’s not a donation tool, or a means by which companies recover costs from clients. It doesn’t do bank account withdrawals either, just credit cards.

Big differences here, just like when everyone was worried about Mobile Embrace (MBE.AX) being taken out by ApplePay. Not going to happen!

Quote Originally Posted by BFG View Post
    With regards to ApplePay (and a host of other payment options), those technologies and tools are aimed at point-of-sale. EG, Walmart, Target, supermarkets etc.

Pushpay on the other hand, is aimed at non-point-of-sale. This, in the main, means churches and charities for Pushpay. However, there is other non-point-of-sale uses that could include enterprise (think of paying utility bills, particularly where you are a late payee), or where you might have an ongoing relationship with a merchant, such as a plumber, personal trainer or similar.

You would never use Pushpay to pay for your new kettle at Briscoes.

If ApplePay picks up in NZ, then it will be in places like Briscoes, Farmers, Starbucks, and Countdown. It is a product designed for payments to a merchant integrated with a cashier system that tabulates a sum. It’s not a donation tool, or a means by which companies recover costs from clients. It doesn’t do bank account withdrawals either, just credit cards.

Big differences here, just like when everyone was worried about Mobile Embrace (MBE.AX) being taken out by ApplePay. Not going to happen!
    That's fair, I still need to investigate the exact differences between PushPay and the existing solutions. I know PoLi is available at a reasonable amount of NZ online retailers, and Apple Pay also isn't limited to POS (they have some APIs for in-app purchasing).
    Last edited by LegendOfRiot; 12-01-2015 at 07:13 AM.

Banned

Those who visit the Pushpay website will see that one of the divisions of the company is “eChurchGiving”. This is the division of Pushpay which is the greatest focus of the company for sales at present.

https://pushpay.com/echurch

A video that can be linked to from the eChurchGiving pages is this one - which sums up the Pushpay proposition very well - http://vimeo.com/103174354

This is material aimed at Church Pastors, so for someone with no church connections is might seem a little alien, but it is perfectly aimed at the decision makers in a faith based organisation.

There are a lot of Vimeo testimonials from happy clients at this page too - http://echurchgiving.com/?utm_source=Pushpay-com

Banned

Mr Huljich has been bumped up to the Board of PushPay. Hello!

I am speechless, how anyone would let this guy on a board is beyond me.

Guru

Hello! Isn't it just replacing one Huljich for another (a position held (in part) due to their significant shareholding?).

Trying to buy the shares and they won't let me. Reckon I can only put an order on for $2.56 at most. $0.01 above the highest bid??
    Seems like they're doing the manipulating rather than me.