sharetrader
Page 133 of 288 FirstFirst ... 3383123129130131132133134135136137143183233 ... LastLast
Results 1,321 to 1,330 of 2876

I rode this thing from $3.00 to $4.10, then it went to $4.40!! I have been waiting for this wee correction, such a great company, sound fundamentals, delivering on targets and let's not forget NASDAQ! Very similar (I hope) to when it went to 3.70 then back to 3.20 if I recall correctly.
    Last edited by fiasco; 19-01-2018 at 01:33 PM.

Outside thinking.

I've never been good at picking tops and bottoms (dirty habits) and prefer to take a longer term view. At the current SP PPH is well above my av holding/purchase costs, so no red ink for me (yet) and I'll continue to hold for the USA listing.

I still have faith!
    Last edited by Leftfield; 19-01-2018 at 02:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Left field View Post
    I've never been good at picking tops and bottoms (dirty habits) and prefer to take a longer term view. At the current SP PPH is well above my av holding/purchase costs, so no red ink for me (yet) and I'll continue to hold for the USA listing.

I still have faith!
    Likewise. Shares go up and they go down and providing the news is solid and company delivers what it says then no need to stress the bumps along the way. I bought PPH with a long term view so will continue holding. Wil still keep an eye and if it does dip too low then I wil be out - but a long ways to go before then.

Banned

This things bleeding like a Stuck Pig, Ouch. Where are you Beagle.

Aspiring to be an Awesome Bear

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    Think we should have bailed out completely Couta

Hmm - I guess I always was somewhat sceptical about PPH (and still am). However - if a stock in a pristine uptrend moves through the MA30, but still stays well above the MA50, than I would not see that as the end of the world. I guess PPH was expected to drop a bit (with ACMR predicted to seasonally drop next quarter).

Again - I can see good reasons not to hold them, but if owners thought at buy-time after thorough research that this is a great company with huge growth prospects which so far was pretty good in keeping most of its promises (though there was something about being cash positive in the past - wasn't it?), than what exactly has changed?

Why selling them just because Mr Market has a bad day? Is this investing or trading - and what sort of strategy would that be?;

Discl: hold a (wee) parcel - just for fun ;
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    According to findata it has broken down through the 30 day MA at close today which is $3.976 Attachment 9409
    Not an especially encouraging sign I would have thought.
    Posted Wednesday 17th...that was "code speak" for me selling half. I followed my gut instinct yesterday when the SP failed to rally on the back of booming U.S. markets incl Nasdaq and sold the rest.

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    Here's a summary of my concerns.
    To annualize the peak December quarter of giving at first glance does seem a rather creative way to highlight the growth of the company. The fact that they have changed the basis upon which they calculate this ACMR several times to now show this in the best possible light and the fact that they have missed once already with a claim that they would be cash flow neutral by Q4 2017, now out to Q4 2018 does not give me the warm fuzzies. What if so called ACMR is well under $90m for Q1 2018...do they change the measurement basis again to show the current quarter in a better light ? Why not... they have done it so many times already ? Creative accounting 101. This bean counter, (who has a special dislike for creative accounting) is a little more cautious than I was previously.
    I don't like the fact that future customer acquisition cost has been warned as being about 18 months revenue in the future, up from 12 months. Considering that customer growth per se was very modest for 2017 the inference here is one could conclude that the majority of the large low hanging fruit has already been picked ?
    When one further considers that the vast majority of their growth in ACMR was from price growth per customer, not customer growth itself, (such price growth surely not being repeatable without customer resistance in the future ?), one starts to get a possible different scenario regarding future growth not being as robust.
    Maybe they might miss with being cash flow neutral by Q4 2018 again ? Market may be far less forgiving the second time around in my view.
    Someone told me they are capitalizing new customer acquisition costs, surely not ?

100 day MA is about $3.20. Very late last year this was about $3.40 before the inclusion in the NZX50 in early December forced a lot of institutions / fund index trackers hands in term of buying in. I don't think anything material has happened to the business since when it was trading around $3.40 apart from the arguably artificial price spike forced by the index inclusion.

Ironically enough we saw exactly this pattern of behavior when Comvita was included in the NZX50 some time back, an immediate price spike of 20% followed by it fairly quickly falling back to its earlier price. On those two bits of anecdotal evidence one might conclude that premiums caused by index inclusion are temporary in nature and a reversion to fair value usually happens fairly quickly. I guess at $4 I simply saw more short term risk than opportunity. Long term I am not so sure anymore. Most of the big Churches are already on board.
    Last edited by Beagle; 19-01-2018 at 05:30 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by RupertBear View Post
    It’s horrible to see your share go down
    On no news. I have given up growth tech companies who grow without profit. Maybe you should do the same...... unless you are trading of course. This company may still perform well ( make a profit), but until they make money I’m out

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by RupertBear View Post
    Let's see what happens next week, sell half, keep half is a sensible stategy depending on how far it falls, the trouble with a stock like this is it can be hugely oversold yet still keep falling. In your case, you are still in profit, in my case I paid too much for it so a line has to be drawn as to how low it goes before selling(I won't be waiting until it's dropped some large % as I have done with other tech stocks in the past)

It always amuses me how fickle some people are, when not a lot has changed. See you guys again in a couple of months probably.