sharetrader
Page 143 of 288 FirstFirst ... 4393133139140141142143144145146147153193243 ... LastLast
Results 1,421 to 1,430 of 2876

Down 8% on ASX in early trading

About $3.55 NZ equivalent
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Dilettante

Match price 368 just before open. May be a tough day with this one !

Default Hmmmm .... what's happenning and what to do

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    Match price 368 just before open. May be a tough day with this one !

Given the current US "correction" and apparent 'ripple' across the NZ Market today ...I'd Be very interested in hearing sentiments from the more experienced traders on here re PPH outlook.

Being an absolute rookie (PPH was my first EVER buy!). last week I bought at 410 and set stop loss at 387 .... hey things were on the up lol. Didn't expect to see my STOP loss actioned at 387 1 day before this US event ---- haha maybe my STOP loss was the hair trigger for the whole thing to unfold
    Yes this IS a volatile listing - I underestimated just how much!

I keen to see what others think about reentering again at current SP
    Wait it out.. swallow the loss and jump back on the horse. I still have faith the story and fundamentals have remained unchanged TBH

Cheers
    Last edited by Dean007; 07-02-2018 at 04:07 PM.

Sold mine today. Made $91 in two months with 4000 shares. De risking my portfolio meant this one had to go. Portfolio now has 41% cash. Striving for balance.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Dean007 View Post
    Given the current US "correction" and apparent 'ripple' across the NZ Market today ...I'd Be very interested in hearing sentiments from the more experienced traders on here re PPH outlook.

Being an absolute rookie (PPH was my first EVER buy!). last week I bought at 410 and set stop loss at 387 .... hey things were on the up lol. Didn't expect to see my STOP loss actioned at 387 1 day before this US event ---- haha maybe my STOP loss was the hair trigger for the whole thing to unfold

Wait it out.. swallow the loss and jump back on the horse. I still have faith the story and fundamentals have remained unchanged TBH

Cheers
    Sounds like you wanted to go long but got stopped out(The reason why I don't use stop losses for long term holds) If you believe in the company and it's long term success, then just buy and hold them. From a personal viewpoint, this is not a stock for me, even more so at a time like this, with it's high beta and the fact that its not producing a profit at this point in time.

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    Sounds like you wanted to go long but got stopped out(The reason why I don't use stop losses for long term holds) If you believe in the company and it's long term success, then just buy and hold them. From a personal viewpoint, this is not a stock for me, even more so at a time like this, with it's high beta and the fact that its not producing a profit at this point in time.
    Couta1 you are dead right .. I did indeed want to go long .. and as you say got Stopped out.
    Lessons to be learnt huh.
    You opinion respected, Ill be doing some hard thinking as to where exactly my risk profile lies

Couta1 you are dead right .. I did indeed want to go long .. and as you say got Stopped out.
    Lessons to be learnt huh.
    You opinion respected, Ill be doing some hard thinking as to where exactly my risk profile lies
    Hi, If you really want to become a good trader... Top down analysis is always your first prerequisit, always watch the dow and S&P 500 to see where things stand as far as the general market conditions are concerned.
    treasury yields etc. Thats always No.1 on my agenda,then the stock on a weekly then daily perspective. Always make sure the stock is trending upwards on both those time frames. my 2 cents worth mate.

Speaking of the Dow the futures are currently 207 points negative at the time of this post. https://www.cnbc.com/pre-markets/
    Take care out there folks...we are in for a very volatile 2018 in my opinion.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Cheers
    I bought PPH purely as a "high" risk speculative play with a 5 year window. Given I see it as high risk I am prepared to loose money on it. So I set my stop loss at 20%
    of 12 month high. In practice this means it has a 12 month high of $4.45 so my stop loss gets triggered at $3.56. Which doesn't leave me too exposed as I bought at $3.30. That's why I like new time highs.

What this also means is I can sit today out totally oblivious to the panic around me - until it gets close to $3.56. Curretly its on $3.91

I think your 6%(?) stop loss is way too low. You can get that sort of movement over a month - but recover in future months.

(you'll see on another thread I made a few recent purchases. All with 20% stop loss. My aim is to be up 10% per year for the next 5 years. )

Thanks to you all for the decent feedback ! Makes good sense and Ill be learning from this

Cheers Dean007