sharetrader
Page 70 of 288 FirstFirst ... 206066676869707172737480120170 ... LastLast

Unless it's XERO the market does not respond well to a growing loss, no matter how incredible the customer/revenue growth and despite the deficit % being halved.

There are many years ahead before we see them turn a profit, the US markets wouldn't have helped today either.

On track to break even on a cash flow basis later this year. Holding for long term growth.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Investor

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    I love it - not one mention of profit or loss (which doesn't matter anyway)

https://www.nzx.com/files/attachments/258421.pdf

Suppose this is a stunning announcement - ACMR plus 157% and all that
    Its all good winner, they seem to be trucking along as per their plan.

I think their partnering with Intuit is to be applauded, as they can access larger customer base and if things go as per plan Intuit can easily gobble them up....

Shame that overnight US markets tanked bit time.
    Last edited by sb9; 18-05-2017 at 02:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    On track to break even on a cash flow basis later this year. Holding for long term growth.
    After the tech awards I bought some today Roger

Dilettante

The numbers look good and all seem to be heading in the right direction. In addition to the on track spectacular growth in ACMR, the retention rate remains above 95% which indicates good customer satisfaction. As well as retaining nearly all of their current customers, they have increased numbers by just under 3,000 or 78%, including 36 (up from 24) of the top 100 largest churches.
    The partnership with Intuit is an exciting opportunity and it will be interesting to watch how this progresses.

Headlines and articles like the one today in the NBR do not help the SP. It is an ill informed article in my view comparing PPH to XRO's growth opportunities, totally ignoring the fact that Xero took on an establish giant in Intuit in the USA (now partnered with PPH) whereas PPH has no such big established competitors. First mover advantage ignored by the NBR.

A happy holder and this continues to remind me of DIL in more ways than one
    Last edited by iceman; 18-05-2017 at 05:24 PM. Reason: spelling

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    The numbers look good and all seem to be heading in the right direction. In addition to the on track spectacular growth in ACMR, the retention rate remains above 95% which indicates good customer satisfaction. As well as retaining nearly all of their current customers, they have increased numbers by just under 3,000 or 78%, including 36 (up from 24) of the top 100 largest churches.
    The partnership with Intuit is an exciting opportunity and it will be interesting to watch how this progresses.

Headlines and articles like the one today in the NBR do not help the SP. It is an ill informed article in my view comparing PPH to XRO's growth opportunities, totally ignoring the fact that Xero took on an establish giant in Intuit in the USA (now partnered with PPH) whereas PPH has no such big established competitors. First mover advantage ignored by the NBR.

A happy holder and this continues to remind me of DIL in more ways than one
    Reminds me of DIL also for the good reasons (growth) and also the bad (expenses).

For the last couple of years DIL got to the point where expenses seemed to be rising just as fast as revenue, so while they were cash flow positive it flat lined at about +$1m-$2m per quarter on average.

I can see that PPH has had a big jump in expenses as well, i hope that this doesn't turn into a trend like it did with DIL.

Disc : Holding

Quote Originally Posted by Baddarcy View Post
    I can see that PPH has had a big jump in expenses as well, i hope that this doesn't turn into a trend like it did with DIL.

Disc : Holding

• Operating expenses as a percentage of revenue has reduced from 191% to 131%
    For clarity, nothing I say is advice....

Dilettante

Agree Baddarcy that both sides of the ledger bear similarities to DIL. In the end, DIL was a great investment for many. I'm hoping PPH will do the same but am watching numbers and trends carefully

Investor

Missed the investor conf call y'day due to prior commitments.

Have now listed to the replay and can say that I feel very confident of their future prospects. However, having said that they do have some challenges ahead to reach market expectations and they're not coy in admitting that.

Surprised to learn that 70% of their customers are current Intuit users and hence the partnering deal with them to offer bundled solutions. No gateway fee or any other fee payable at this point to Intuit.

One thing I noted from CFOs' notes is that they're keeping tight controls around costs and maintaining gross margins as these ultimately determines their further growth.

Also, most of their additional head count is in the area of sales and marketing which is where the return lies.

All in all onwards and upwards from here, but not without some blocks ahead.

Dilettante

Well done PPH and particularly Sarah Elder and Gabrielle Wilson. I agree with the comments about their very good , clear communications https://www.anzshareandbondtrading.c...spx?id=4437473