sharetrader
Page 27 of 35 FirstFirst ... 17232425262728293031 ... LastLast

Thread: Pie funds

Certainly done okay for me. Since 2013 I have put in $85K, withdrawn $87K, and present balance is $73K.
    With -$2K of original money in there, $73K balance is fine by me. Plus there were regular dividends with one of the funds on top of that.
    My average is listed as 15.65%, Can't be bothered trying to work it out as my investments were not made all at once and same with withdrawals.

All the funds I'm in hold a huge proportion of cash at present, so not too worried if there is a bit of a downturn in the respective markets, as that will create further opportunities.
    Last edited by Grimy; 06-06-2019 at 04:06 PM. Reason: Extra info.

I think their base management fee, (please correct me if I am wrong) was recently quite significantly increased to 1.85% per annum and I think that makes it the most expensive in the industry at a time when interest rates are the lowest they've ever been. (I'll let others judge for themselves if they think that's fair or whether it might have a material effect on after tax and fee returns going forward).
    https://www.piefunds.co.nz/assets/Pr...April-2019.pdf
    Last edited by Beagle; 06-06-2019 at 08:43 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

IMO

Quote Originally Posted by Joshuatree View Post
    Yep the aus emerging has pulled the others up with a 22% plus return . Pie has and is a great additional component of my portfolio.And i cant fiddle with it easily or quickly a bonus for me, time in the market etc.
    Did i hear a yap.

Guru

New website is up with pretty pictures(Pie charts) but is absolutely useless. Gone is the page with all information visible at once to having to cycle through pages for each holding.

IMO

I have no idea why you are attempting to deny me my very good experience? Thats a big fail btw, and plain wrong. Its been great for me as posted above and a great fit for my portfolio. Not promoting or suggesting it would fit your cellar.

Just posted in Investment a look at a similar fund run in the UK. Basic rule is keep a portion of your money in (maybe 30%) and have rest in other investments.

You will be take a huge hit if the picks dont work or there is a run on the fund.

IMO

Quote Originally Posted by Schrodinger View Post

You will be take a huge hit if the picks dont work or there is a run on the fund.
    A good generalisation for life 101 with any investment.
    Investing is pretty unique for every individual, working out their own risk/reward strategles. Often experiencing a mkt crash is the most accurate way to find out how risky or conservative one really wants to be, when on paper for example you see big losses, and what you do about that. Liquidity doesn't help much in a crash , in fact it may encourage the panic, the urge to sell at a bottom..

Guru

Just posted in Investment a look at a similar fund run in the UK. Basic rule is keep a portion of your money in (maybe 30%) and have rest in other investments.

Yes I agree,even index funds.It will feed on itself & self perpetuate in a vicious loop
    https://www.mnn.com/family/pets/stor...se-their-tails
    Last edited by kiora; 10-06-2019 at 04:02 PM.

IMO

Time in the market is your friend otherwise trade and pay tax or stick to fixed interest.

The number of people that were singing Woodford’s praises over here amazed me. Even more LOVE the Lindell Train IT (a massive premium to NAV). For the life of me, I couldn’t bring myself to buy into Woodford’s fund as his picks were too risky for me! As for the PIE fund, its fees are rather high, albeit a small fund and the returns are not too bad. A fund manager is really important but not to cult status like Woodford (or even maybe in the future Nick Train’s listed IT which could well come unstuck too).
    Last edited by BeeBop; 11-06-2019 at 04:40 AM.