sharetrader
Page 23 of 35 FirstFirst ... 1319202122232425262733 ... LastLast

Thread: Pie funds

Advanced Member

Growth 2 and Dividend are still open to funds along with Global and Europe ,....

Yes I stand corrected

PIE multi strategy fund being launched. They can short markets etc. These guys Australasian funds have done very well. International and UK/euro have done ok but underperformed against various benchmarks to date, so a bit unproven in other markets. At this stage therefore unsure about supporting this one, but could be a good time to be launching a fund of this type

Pie was founded on small caps expertise. The latest creation seems to extend to every type of investment known to man viz included but not limited to •Equities long or short•Fixed interest•Cash – multi-currency•Unlisted investments•Property•Derivatives such as equity options, futures, ETF’s and CFD’s. Seems a rather bold claim to have that expertise.

Quote Originally Posted by TFA View Post
    PIE multi strategy fund being launched. They can short markets etc. These guys Australasian funds have done very well. International and UK/euro have done ok but underperformed against various benchmarks to date, so a bit unproven in other markets. At this stage therefore unsure about supporting this one, but could be a good time to be launching a fund of this type
    I have some term deposits coming up that I was going to put into p2p lending, however that is proving time consuming in itself. I have looked at Pie a lot in the past but now could be the time to pull the trigger. Unsure about this latest fund but might see if they have others open.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Entrep View Post
    I have some term deposits coming up that I was going to put into p2p lending, however that is proving time consuming in itself. I have looked at Pie a lot in the past but now could be the time to pull the trigger. Unsure about this latest fund but might see if they have others open.
    Cash,Global,UK & Europe are still open plus the new fund . If you want to go in the others just let them know and they will put you on a wait list .

brave shorting in this market , but guess from all the bears that used to be on black monday thread there be plenty of takers
    one step ahead of the herd

These guys Australasian funds have done very well.
    While their funds have done quite well in the past, recent (last 3 years) performance for most of their funds is poor. Their clients and funds under management (FUM) have grown significantly over the last few years, on the back of good prior performance. Every year they seem to open a new fund with a slight tilt, but its just a disguise to increased their FUM while still keeping the fund sizes small enough to retain their "boutique" look. They even stated during a recent roadshow their goal is 1 billion FUM.

I am a PIE client, however I am very aware of the very high risks of their investments. Highly concentrated investments in 10-15 stocks, most of which are highly illiquid. During the next bear market their funds will get crushed, unable to sell their huge holdings in companies with no liquidity. You only need to look at their TIL investment as one example.

Disc: PIE Funds client, but considering selling soon.
    Last edited by Thor; 26-10-2017 at 07:53 PM.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Thor View Post
    While their funds have done quite well in the past, recent (last 3 years) performance for most of their funds is poor. Their clients and funds under management (FUM) have grown significantly over the last few years, on the back of good prior performance. Every year they seem to open a new fund with a slight tilt, but its just a disguise to increased their FUM while still keeping the fund sizes small enough to retain their "boutique" look. They even stated during a recent roadshow their goal is 1 billion FUM.

I am a PIE client, however I am very aware of the very high risks of their investments. Highly concentrated investments in 10-15 stocks, most of which are highly illiquid. During the next bear market their funds will get crushed, unable to sell their huge holdings in companies with no liquidity. You only need to look at their TIL investment as one example.

Disc: PIE Funds client, but considering selling soon.
    They would only need to sell if clients wanted their money back. Bailing after the turn in the market is stupidity.

Thanks Stoploss

To Thor and 777, aren't these all reasons why the new fund might be a good option (with the ability to go short)?