sharetrader
Page 21 of 35 FirstFirst ... 1117181920212223242531 ... LastLast

Thread: Pie funds

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by TJP View Post
    Any Pie Hole-ders (ha excuse the dad joke) noticing the pie performance recently? pretty crappy (across several funds). Pie aren't very transparent about what is going on behind the scenes. Any thoughts? Imagine that TIL was a super bad investment for them. But what other lemons?

disc. holding
    If you don't think they are being transparent, why not call them and ask some questions ... I have always found they will answer a straight question with a straight answer .
    If you look back on this thread you will see I have defended them a number of times .
    How about you give them a call and post some answers , after all it is Your Money they are managing , if you are unsure about anything you deserve an answer .

Quote Originally Posted by stoploss View Post
    If you don't think they are being transparent, why not call them and ask some questions ... I have always found they will answer a straight question with a straight answer .
    If you look back on this thread you will see I have defended them a number of times .
    How about you give them a call and post some answers , after all it is Your Money they are managing , if you are unsure about anything you deserve an answer .
    Good call stoploss, and a fair one. I'm not bagging them at a personal level, only wondering how in such a bullish market, things are drifting so slowly.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by TJP View Post
    Good call stoploss, and a fair one. I'm not bagging them at a personal level, only wondering how in such a bullish market, things are drifting so slowly.
    It's not a bullish market for small caps and they are a small cap fund manager ......

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Felonius View Post
    Pie Funds first invested in Ecoya in April 2012 at 90 cents per share, alongside Milford Asset Management and before the company changed it's name to Trilogy. By Sept '15 or thereabouts Pie were extremely bullish about Trilogy's prospects and had started buying heavily from $1.00 per share or less. Despite having paid too much for their last holdings, I believe Pie Funds will have made good money from investing in this company.
    Problem is the fund revals everyday , so sure they might still be up on TIL @ 2.30 but nowhere near as much as they were when they were $ 4.80 and the fund price reflects this ....

Problem is the fund revals everyday , so sure they might still be up on TIL @ 2.30 but nowhere near as much as they were when they were $ 4.80 and the fund price reflects this ....
    For sure, they have taken a hiding on this investment in the last 12 months. (And so have I).

Guru

Next Wednesday night if you can make it. If not then send them questions to answer.

DATE
    Wednesday 14 June 2017
    VENUE
    Pie Funds Office, Level One, 1 Byron Avenue, Takapuna
    ARRIVAL
    6.00pm onwards - Drinks & nibbles served
    PRESENATIONS & Q&A
    6:30pm – 7:30pm

Super Investor

.....ang so as these funds fall in price they get forgotten about closed or buried or put into funds that are doing well. Meanwhile new funds are started and promoted along with the funds that are doing great. Heads you lose tails we keep on making money.
    h2

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by h2so4 View Post
    .....ang so as these funds fall in price they get forgotten about closed or buried or put into funds that are doing well. Meanwhile new funds are started and promoted along with the funds that are doing great. Heads you lose tails we keep on making money.
    Why so bitter?

most of you seem to not relise the best place to have parked money the last while ( probably yrs ) has been low cost index funds active managers have really struggled to beat index funds and it is really showing up in the last year with there underperformance not just pie but most.

Anyway maybe pie should have invested in bitcoin its hot at the moment
    Last edited by bull....; 07-06-2017 at 08:10 AM.
    one step ahead of the herd

Super Investor

Quote Originally Posted by 777 View Post
    Why so bitter?
    Ha! Merrily merrily merrily merrily...
    h2