sharetrader
Page 9 of 35 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast

Thread: Pie funds

Quote Originally Posted by the homzen View Post
    Castle Point is 100% owned by RAW Capital Partners NZ Ltd. Richard Avery-Wright is a 49% shareholder (via RCP Holdings Ltd in Guernsey) in RAW Capital Partners NZ Ltd.
    Last edited by D. Fender; 24-12-2014 at 07:08 AM.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by KW View Post
    This is for y'all invested in the Australian residential property development sector - no excuses if you later say you didnt see this one coming.
    http://www.theage.com.au/business/th...17-11nysw.html
    Is Australia any different from NZ in this ?

Pie Funds December newsletter just out.
    Last edited by D. Fender; 23-12-2014 at 05:18 AM.

According to the Sub notices filed by Pie Funds, since August 2014 Pie Funds has reduced its stake in RHP from 8.31% to below 5%, with the last sub notice being issued on 7th October.
    Last edited by D. Fender; 22-12-2014 at 04:31 PM.

yes definately a pattern from what ya say, must need some mugs to bid the price up to sell into a?
    one step ahead of the herd

interesting to see they bought dil for USD exposure. But hard to tell what these guys are really up to.

Latest Morningstar results are out (to 30 Nov).
    Last edited by D. Fender; 22-12-2014 at 04:56 PM.

Share Collector

Oh well, I can recommend the Devonport Chocolate freebies that arrived from Pie for Christmas...

Share Collector

Quote Originally Posted by the homzen View Post
    Pie Funds December newsletter just out. Mildly positive for most funds. Interesting to note though that by my calcs around $3m of new money was added to the 'closed' funds last month, while Pie continues to claim it's all about client returns and not gathering assets.
    I think what you calculate might just be short-term fluctuations. The earliest I could get back to was the April Newsletter and, by my calculations, I think there were more fund units held then than in November, so the increase in December may have been replacement business for those that investors got the jitters in September/October?

Still think it is a brave move trying to operate a capped boutique fund in a tough space and that Mike deserves some respect for what he has achieved. I'm certainly happy with my investments and relaxed about keeping money with them through what must have been a disappointing year for them.

As for the newsletter timing versus the date of their actions, perhaps we could also assume that Pie Funds is writing the newsletters to entertain, educate and provide a level of connectedness with the investors in their funds, NOT writing the newsletters as a share-tipping service?

Quote Originally Posted by Lizard View Post
    I think what you calculate might just be short-term fluctuations. The earliest I could get back to was the April Newsletter and, by my calculations, I think there were more fund units held then than in November, so the increase in December may have been replacement business for those that investors got the jitters in September/October?

Still think it is a brave move trying to operate a capped boutique fund in a tough space and that Mike deserves some respect for what he has achieved. I'm certainly happy with my investments and relaxed about keeping money with them through what must have been a disappointing year for them.

As for the newsletter timing versus the date of their actions, perhaps we could also assume that Pie Funds is writing the newsletters to entertain, educate and provide a level of connectedness with the investors in their funds, NOT writing the newsletters as a share-tipping service?
    I know the track record.
    Last edited by D. Fender; 23-12-2014 at 05:20 AM.