sharetrader
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Computershare

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by belgarion View Post
    Site done in-house? If not, who was the developer? Anyone know?
    Someone with a bloody perverse sense of humour....I've spent about hour getting around the bugs.....I want to throttle the bastard.

Its going to be fun(not!!!) when I use my tablet or laptop..have to remember all the answers to those questions ....
    Last edited by Hoop; 15-04-2014 at 06:43 PM.

Gahhhhhh those pseudo-secure questions really go overboard. Why not just bite the bullet and add an option for real security like two-factor authentication via sms (it must support international sms of course).

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Hoop;474I
    Someone with a bloody perverse sense of humour....I've spent about hour getting around the bugs.....I want to throttle the bastard.

Its going to be fun(not!!!) when I use my tablet or laptop..have to remember all the answers to those questions ....
    Priceless Hoop,ive given up on the website,it sucks big time so now i use an 0800 number and just call if i have to

Reincarnated Panthera Snow Leopard's Avatar

Angry Been there and got very upset

No one has mentioned Penny!

Don't you love Penny?

Penny may be able to answer the questions you do not need to ask.

Penny gets rather confused if you ask her a 'hard' question.

Over thirty years ago there was a text based computer game called Adventure where you could get stuck in a "maze of twisty little passages" (you keep picking a direction to move and you are still in the maze) which played on the University mainframe computer.

Penny is the modern version.

Best Wishes
    Paper Tiger
    om mani peme hum

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    Priceless Hoop,ive given up on the website,it sucks big time so now i use an 0800 number and just call if i have to
    Couta1, would you mind sharing that 0800 number for Computershare for us please?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by blackcap View Post
    Couta1, would you mind sharing that 0800 number for Computershare for us please?
    Will pm it to you blackcap,don't want to put it on here as its technically only mearnt to be used for contacting computershare re one company they have on their registry but I use it for all enquires

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    Will pm it to you blackcap,don't want to put it on here as its technically only mearnt to be used for contacting computershare re one company they have on their registry but I use it for all enquires
    Well I still haven't heard back from them after emailing them a week ago. If they don't want to service their normal support channels why shouldn't the number be published for everyone?

Google is your friend! Try googling computershare nz 0800 numbers, or a similar parameter, and you will come up with several 0800 numbers, each pertaining to a different stock/co. Being chargeable to someone, 0800 numbers may not be favoured by some companies, but many offer the facility.

Google, e.g., computershare nz 0800 telecom, and you will get this:

http://investor.telecom.co.nz/phoeni...956&p=irol-faq

I rang aus for help as I was getting hopelessly confused with the log in procedure as it was supposed to be different to log in to nz compshare.Different username but the password was the same for both. But now I log in and get aus and nz holdings on the one page!! I mentioned to the person at cpu that linkmarket doesn't require two different sets of log in and this was far less confusing than cpu set up. Within 24 hours that appears to be what has been set up. Maybe why I was having so much trouble getting in. Haven't tried since but hopefully still good!

Quote Originally Posted by karen1 View Post
    Google is your friend!
    Thanks karen, that worked a treat. Luckily one of my holdings does have an 0800 number.