sharetrader
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Computershare

Hybrid View

Default Computershare

Anyone having problems with computershare site

Made life very difficult to log in now.
    Have been trying to the last 3-4 days and I keep losing my internet connection when I try - just sits and waiting for login.computershare,com or similar. Seems to take it down

Internet connection OK otherwise as per typing this question

Jay, I suspect you are far from alone in your frustrations with the much trumpeted ‘improved and easier’ new Computershare website. It has never been particularly user friendly, always slow to log in and move around in, by comparison to Link in particular.

The latest NZ Shareholders Assn newsletter has a lengthy and comprehensive article on the frustrations of using the ‘new’ Comp. website, mentioning amongst other things that DRP instructions are now found in ‘my profile’ and once found the stocks are not even in alpha order!

If you want to check tax on a stock, you can only do one at a time, whereas in Link you can bring up a list of all stocks, with a good layout of all payments, tax, credits, net/gross, easily copied and pasted elsewhere, brilliant for end of year. Computershare has no equivalent. And, in Comp.share, if you move to download a remittance advice, don’t even bother clicking on ‘more details’ as the result is an extremely poor layout. Instead, click on ‘dividends and payments’ under the stock you want, which will give you the correct pdf format.

The NZSA article mentions not having the design depth or planning to represent a significant step forward. And that most bank websites are more user friendly, and the Comp.share site is woefully short of useful information for any shareholder who is maintaining a moderate portfolio. Personally, I feel that is very restrained!

Six days out, I am still awaiting a reply from Computershare regarding my thoughts on the 'new and improved' site! Says it all really, they don't give a damn about the end user. I suggest you try your luck though, and it perhaps wouldn't hurt to drop a line to NZSA, as they would be interested to know investors thoughts, I'm sure.

And don't try logging in on a different computer because you will need to remember the answers to one of those 3 security questions you set - I sent them this email on Monday and still no response.

While I applaud your efforts to upgrade the security on your investor services - I am finding it frustrating to use.

You see, I cannot remember what my favourite animal is, much like I can't remember my favourite colour, the first-girl-I-kissed's name, or my favourite toy. These type of security questions are very subjective and not important details in my life. So I forget.

I do remember things like my maternal grandfather's name as it is objective and unchanging. (Although my wife's paternal grandfather's first dog's name is probably something I wouldn't remember either.)

I seem to recall that two of the three security questions were of the objective type (see I haven't totally succumbed to dementia) but the problem is the site keeps banging on about this poor animal that is clearly no longer in my good books.

Please could you instruct your login service to ask me one of the other questions - alternatively send me a procedure for resetting the questions.

Banksie, I wasn't going to go there, don't get me started!

Have to wonder what set the site off on such a ludicrous procedure, were they hacked? Or is it more likely that someone is justifying their existence/job?

I think I've aged considerably in the last few attempts at getting around Computershare, pent up anger/frustration is not good for the health.

Good luck in getting a response to your message in a decent timeframe, I better get mine before you get yours though! The acknowledgement on 4 April said they would respond as soon as possible???

Sadly, I don't think we will see any improvements sometime soon. Pity, as if it weren't for investors, where would they be?

Reincarnated Panthera Snow Leopard's Avatar

Angry Been there and got very upset

No one has mentioned Penny!

Don't you love Penny?

Penny may be able to answer the questions you do not need to ask.

Penny gets rather confused if you ask her a 'hard' question.

Over thirty years ago there was a text based computer game called Adventure where you could get stuck in a "maze of twisty little passages" (you keep picking a direction to move and you are still in the maze) which played on the University mainframe computer.

Penny is the modern version.

Best Wishes
    Paper Tiger
    om mani peme hum

Banksie, your seem to forget a lot. Have you also forgotten your meeting with Kim Dotcom? Or am I confused?

Quote Originally Posted by McGyro View Post
    Banksie, your seem to forget a lot. Have you also forgotten your meeting with Kim Dotcom? Or am I confused?
    Kim who?

<wipes manure of jacket>

Just logged into Compushare and see that my Telecom shares are no longer listed in my portfolio. No evidence at all on the website that I've ever owned them. I've sent them an email enquiring politely where my shares might be. I have to say that this freaks me out just a little. I'll leave it a couple of days before I move into a full blown panic

Guru

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by Bobdn View Post
    Just logged into Compushare and see that my Telecom shares are no longer listed in my portfolio. No evidence at all on the website that I've ever owned them. I've sent them an email enquiring politely where my shares might be. I have to say that this freaks me out just a little. I'll leave it a couple of days before I move into a full blown panic

GENERAL: TEL: Notification of Change in Share Registry 04:07p.m.
    TEL
    17/06/2014 16:07
    GENERAL

REL: 1607 HRS Telecom Corporation of New Zealand Limited

GENERAL: TEL: Notification of Change in Share Registry

Market Release

17 June 2014

Notification of Change in Share Registry

Telecom Corporation of New Zealand Limited (TEL) advises that effective from
    the start of business on Monday 23 June 2014, management of the Telecom
    Corporation of New Zealand Limited share registry will move from
    Computershare Investor Services Limited to Link Market Services Limited.

From that date the new contact details for the Telecom Corporation of New
    Zealand Limited share registry will be as follows:

New Zealand

Link Market Services Limited
    Level 7 Zurich House
    21 Queen Street
    Auckland

PO Box 91976
    Auckland, 1142

Phone: + 64 9 375 5998 (investor enquiries)
    Phone: + 64 9 375 5999
    Fax: + 64 9 375 5990
    Email: enquiries@linkmarketservices.com

You obviously follow this share from a distance.
    Last edited by 777; 22-06-2014 at 11:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobdn View Post
    I received a letter a few days ago advising that were moving to Link Market Services.