sharetrader
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast

Thread: Bear.asx

Quote Originally Posted by BlackPeter View Post
    You are quite right and I am aware of this issue. However - I think markets are still ways in denial and I expect probably later this month or early next month still a quite significant drop, which would be good for the strong bear.

Obviously - I might be wrong and everything is honky dory from here with nobody realizing all these dead and unemployed people piling up.

If this happens, than yes, I might lose a bit of money with BBOZ, but hey - my other stocks would in this case do really well (which is the nature of hedging). Anyway, I think at this stage I better stay hedged.
    I have been thinking the same. Don't watch Ausi too closely but the way it's behaving this morning you could be fooled to thinking "what virus" . Surely if the world is going down Ausi is going with it ?
    Last edited by ynot; 07-04-2020 at 03:56 PM.

Guru

Found it, its US based but applies to BEAR and BBOZ just the same:
    Real-Life Examples
    The following two real-life examples illustrate how returns on a leveraged or inverse ETF over longer periods can differ significantly from the performance (or inverse of the performance) of their underlying index or benchmark during the same period of time.

Between December 1, 2008, and April 30, 2009, a particular index gained 2 percent. However, a leveraged ETF seeking to deliver twice that index's daily return fell by 6 percent—and an inverse ETF seeking to deliver twice the inverse of the index's daily return fell by 26 percent.
    During that same period, an ETF seeking to deliver three times the daily return of a different index fell 53 percent, while the underlying index actually gained around 8 percent. An ETF seeking to deliver three times the inverse of the index's daily return declined by 90 percent over the same period.

https://www.finra.org/investors/aler...hold-investors

David McEwan's offering a managed shorts service - in case anyone is familar and/or has any general thoughts?

Back into BBUS @ $2.51

I just get the feeling this run in US markets going end in tears sooner than later .. BBUS making a major double bottom
    "With a good perspective on history, we can have a better understanding of the past and present, and thus a clear vision of the future." — Carlos Slim Helu

IMO

Goodluck mate,I havnt been daring enuff to get back in BBOZ.Hey Peat ,you around,what is your t/a telling you,you thought a drop was close some days back.

Quote Originally Posted by Joshuatree View Post
    Goodluck mate,I havnt been daring enuff to get back in BBOZ.Hey Peat ,you around,what is your t/a telling you,you thought a drop was close some days back.
    BBOZ is looking inviting, but dangerously so.

Screen Shot 2020-07-07 at 10.18.02 PM.jpg

Double bottom ..COVID cases making records etc

And Going off the USA 500 Futures S&P 500 index the Supertrend has just today broken the hourly Bull Trend that has held since late 26th JUNE
    "With a good perspective on history, we can have a better understanding of the past and present, and thus a clear vision of the future." — Carlos Slim Helu

yeh I still think that and am taking positions across various instruments. some have been stopped already - but I thnk the market is perfectly poised for a very sharp fall.
    Last night was okay for bears, but hoping for more.
    For clarity, nothing I say is advice....

Quote Originally Posted by peat View Post
    yeh I still think that and am taking positions across various instruments. some have been stopped already - but I thnk the market is perfectly poised for a very sharp fall.
    Last night was okay for bears, but hoping for more.
    Yes my BBUS put me up $817 for the day ... going hold for another night maybe even till next week

Is BBOZ safe to buy.. they seem to own nothing and have no CEO or anything? Their disclaimer is really lose. Like ...we own nothing , we do nothing and we guarantee nothing ...!
    Looking to buy some though before its too late and the world wakes up to what a mess we are in .