sharetrader
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Bear.asx

Quote Originally Posted by moosie_900 View Post
    And then Argentina defaults the next day and Portugals biggestbank looks to be in trouble yet again! Looks like a short term BEAR buy with a long term watch may be on the cards today!
    Wonder what the good news for tonight will be?

This could start to perform. I haven't looked into this, but are they basically an option play on equity markets?
    Hopefully you find my posts helpful, but in no way should they be construed as advice. Make your own decision.

Quote Originally Posted by Daytr View Post
    This could start to perform. I haven't looked into this, but are they basically an option play on equity markets?
    from the Betashares website on BEAR

the futures contracts held in the Fund. For example, if the Fund's portfolio exposure is -105%, and the S&P/ASX 200 index goes down 1% that day, the Fund would be expected to go up approximately 1.05% that day, before fees and expenses. The Fund is actively managed and the portfolio exposure will change on a daily basis, affecting returns over time.
    "With a good perspective on history, we can have a better understanding of the past and present, and thus a clear vision of the future." — Carlos Slim Helu

Thanks JB, I had a look on their site, but I thought they were a bit vague to be honest. From what you posted it suggests they are just short the index.
    Hopefully you find my posts helpful, but in no way should they be construed as advice. Make your own decision.

The old BEAR still taking a horrible beating as it heads to 16 bucks something

All the bad things in the world that has been pointed out here makes you wonder if punters think too much

Buffett advice - Ignore politics and macroeconomics when picking stocks.

Good advice

Quote Originally Posted by KW View Post
    How quickly the world turns. Broken through its 200 day MA, and looking strong :-)

Attachment 6296
    Nice hedge and as discussed I agree the Aussie economy is going down the toilet. Looking for a good entry point.

Do you think it'll hold this time KW?
    It has broken through the 200ma many times, but continues to fall back into the downtrend channel... Back in dec 2013 and Jan 2014
    Last edited by baller18; 02-10-2014 at 04:23 PM.

Banned

Think the focus should be on the ASX rather than BEAR and it's TA. Secondary uptrend on ASX now well broken and looks ready for a test of the lower primary since it is now in proper correction territory (>-5%). Look for a lower high and lower lows to confirm a new downtrend channel formation.

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/busi...2bb0c0da5061a2

Sharemarket headed for a correction...Is a correction due on both sides of the Tasman ?

I honestly am starting to wonder if the N.Z. market is also vulnerable...BEAR investment provide some sort of hedge for Kiwi stocks, what do you think KW ?
    Last edited by Beagle; 03-10-2014 at 10:17 AM.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by KW View Post
    Umm, this is the BEAR thread. If you want to talk about the ASX then go to the ASX thread and discuss.
    Considering BEAR is an inverse correlation of ASX200 and is directly linked to its fortunes, I thought this would have been pertinent no?