sharetrader
Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011 LastLast

Thread: Bear.asx

Quote Originally Posted by blackcap View Post
    You wait till today starts... even bigger WOW I think.
    I think you are right ;
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

IMO

Dropped re $2 +,along with ASX ?. DOW futures - 600 last i looked, virus numbers jump in Aus. Traders banking on USA govt relief package tonite?
    Last edited by Joshuatree; 13-03-2020 at 05:02 PM.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Joshuatree View Post
    Dropped re $2 along with ASX ?. DOW futures - 600 last i looked, virus numbers jump in Aus. Traders banking on USA govt relief package tonite?
    Australia is an interesting case. If you look at their market post Oct 2009, they have really gone no where, well not like other world markets. They are trading now pretty much where they were 10 years ago, whilst if you look at the NZ market, US markets etc, they are still more than 100% higher than 2009 levels. So some may argue they have little room to move down. But I too find it perplexing.

Australia is an interesting case. If you look at their market post Oct 2009, they have really gone no where, well not like other world markets. They are trading now pretty much where they were 10 years ago, whilst if you look at the NZ market, US markets etc, they are still more than 100% higher than 2009 levels. So some may argue they have little room to move down. But I too find it perplexing.
    Commodities have been weak Vs pumped tech =Apple,facebook HUGE share buybacks etc and Australia’s commodities-based economy much lower P/Es etc.....
    personal think a brilliant time for Kiwis to buying up cheap good ASX companies 100k NZD = 98k AUD

As for the NZX such a safe high yielding market during a time when many investor are hunting for any yield ..staple based economy (farming,fishing,forestry etc)
    "With a good perspective on history, we can have a better understanding of the past and present, and thus a clear vision of the future." — Carlos Slim Helu

Golden Cross yesterday for the BEAR.AX - and today for the Strong Bear (BBOZ.AX). What an amazing set of hedging tools these are!
    ----

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by JBmurc View Post
    Commodities have been weak Vs pumped tech =Apple,facebook HUGE share buybacks etc and Australia’s commodities-based economy much lower P/Es etc.....
    personal think a brilliant time for Kiwis to buying up cheap good ASX companies 100k NZD = 98k AUD

As for the NZX such a safe high yielding market during a time when many investor are hunting for any yield ..staple based economy (farming,fishing,forestry etc)
    Make that $ 99K and change .....

IMO

BBOZ .Everyone still on this ultimate ride.? Im not game to trade it, anyone done that successfully?

Quote Originally Posted by Joshuatree View Post
    BBOZ .Everyone still on this ultimate ride.? Im not game to trade it, anyone done that successfully?
    Holding some. So far they work nicely as "insurance policy" to compensate for other stocks in my portfolio dropping. Resulting in much smaller oscillations in my portfolio than what the indices do. I do see them as a hedging tool, not as an instrument to bet on falling markets.
    ----

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by BlackPeter View Post
    Holding some. So far they work nicely as "insurance policy" to compensate for other stocks in my portfolio dropping. Resulting in much smaller oscillations in my portfolio than what the indices do. I do see them as a hedging tool, not as an instrument to bet on falling markets.
    It may work well but be careful holding too long. Last time BBOZ were at 1265 (yesterday's close) (ignoring a month ago) was about a year ago when the ASX was at 6200. Yesterday it was at 5287. There is some serious loss if you hold this instrument for a medium to long term basis.

It may work well but be careful holding too long. Last time BBOZ were at 1265 (yesterday's close) (ignoring a month ago) was about a year ago when the ASX was at 6200. Yesterday it was at 5287. There is some serious loss if you hold this instrument for a medium to long term basis.
    You are quite right and I am aware of this issue. However - I think markets are still ways in denial and I expect probably later this month or early next month still a quite significant drop, which would be good for the strong bear.

Obviously - I might be wrong and everything is honky dory from here with nobody realizing all these dead and unemployed people piling up.

If this happens, than yes, I might lose a bit of money with BBOZ, but hey - my other stocks would in this case do really well (which is the nature of hedging). Anyway, I think at this stage I better stay hedged.
    ----