sharetrader
Page 11 of 30 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast

Also a recipient of a Callaghan Innovation R&D grant for the dog product development

https://www.callaghaninnovation.govt...treatment-dogs

These are two great pieces of news. However I'm not quite clear on the purpose of the Callaghan grant - my understanding was that PIL was aiming for a product this year but I may be misremembering. Also - it will take time to ramp up sales in Australia, something which will be difficult without a CEO in place. Still hold but too many questions for me to get too excited just yet.
    Felix, qui potest rerum cognoscere causas

Quote Originally Posted by FarmerGeorge View Post
    These are two great pieces of news. However I'm not quite clear on the purpose of the Callaghan grant - my understanding was that PIL was aiming for a product this year but I may be misremembering. Also - it will take time to ramp up sales in Australia, something which will be difficult without a CEO in place. Still hold but too many questions for me to get too excited just yet.
    My misremembering matches yours FarmerGeorge

2019 NZ Stock Picking Winner silverblizzard888's Avatar

Doesn't quite justify the massive price jump today, but I guess theres a lot of nervous nellies thinking they will miss out on a one product company with one good year. I guess you only need one good investment, with one good product to do good in one market to live one good life right?

"Of the two, GO Healthy is actually the more established brand!" LOL.. yes true.. but which one tastes better ??
    Last edited by s4draynz; 27-04-2017 at 03:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by silverblizzard888 View Post
    Doesn't quite justify the massive price jump today, but I guess theres a lot of nervous nellies thinking they will miss out on a one product company with one good year. I guess you only need one good investment, with one good product to do good in one market to live one good life right?
    yeh, thats what i was thinking when i put the house on xero when it was $3 a share.......

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by FarmerGeorge View Post
    I think the grant was related to the canine product. The company is well advanced with this and it is potentially lucrative. No taxpayer subsided vet bills and products, so a natural product that works will be attractive to dog owners compared to the cost of vet bills. Especially for something like arthritis which requires long term treatment.

About Australia - NZ has been a test bed for advertising cost v sales. The company has reported that the advertising is worthwhile, so probably the same will apply over the ditch.

I'm not sure what they have in the product pipeline, but knowing the properties of artemisinin I wouldn't be surprised if they were working on a cancer fighting complementary medicine as well.

https://www.sciencedaily.com/release...1014111309.htm

Advanced Member

PIL annual report published today. Nothing new really, but the photos of the supercritical extraction process are well worth a look. This was key to the establishment of the company, though I have no idea what it is exactly and whether it is also used by others in that marketplace.

Just received my proxy forms in the mail for the AGM next Tuesday. Great to see a few nominations in there. With only 3 board members and no CEO it will be interesting to see if any of the nominations are passed. My guess is that the current board might approve one so that they do not give up control but approving 2 would be a reach. 2 of them have extensive marketing experience, which is what this company needs. It is all about creating demand, which they appear to be demonstrating well here in NZ. Great product...