sharetrader
Page 14 of 30 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516171824 ... LastLast

They have chosen to create a new product to reduce arthritis in dogs...that's before they have attempted to sell their product to humans! (Outside of nz)...I'm no pharmacologist...I'm also no great expert in fundamentals...but I don't see how this is a long or short term investment?

I can't find any scientific studies to suggest it is anything but a placebo...unless their are facts out there I havnt yet uncovered?

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kay View Post
    They have chosen to create a new product to reduce arthritis in dogs...that's before they have attempted to sell their product to humans! (Outside of nz)...
    That's not very logical, unless you think research and development should not be done in parallel. Canine arthritis is a potentially large market.

I can't find any scientific studies to suggest it is anything but a placebo...unless their are facts out there I havnt yet uncovered?
    Where did you look? Not at all hard to find.

Our philosophy is simple — apply scientific testing to create effective, safe and trusted natural therapeutic products

https://arthrem.com/arthrem/scientific-evidence/

Quote Originally Posted by artemis View Post
    That's not very logical, unless you think research and development should not be done in parallel. Canine arthritis is a potentially large market.

Our philosophy is simple — apply scientific testing to create effective, safe and trusted natural therapeutic products

You are right - pet owners are well known for being prepared to spend thousands of dollars on treatment on their beloved pets (especially dogs) rather than themselves. So market is huge.

Arthrem certainly provides relief - personal testimony of my friend but who now uses Go-Healthy due to recommendation of his chemist.

Quote Originally Posted by FarmerGeorge View Post
    Not currently holding Clint - just an observation that the price is looking much cheaper. Though in my mind at least a lot hangs on the execution of the Australian / pet product sales.
    PIL is one company I looked at closely when it was brought to my attention and am glad I made the decision not to invest.

Several reasons :

1. It is a backdoor listing which means mostly one thing - wealth transfer from investors to the promoters of the company imo.

2. Prepared to look however as product received excellent reviews from users (especially personal contacts, including a doctor friend who asked me to review the company as an investment) - but no real barriers to entry so big red flag.

3. Sure enough, Go-Healthy launched a siiimilar product at effectively half the price!

4. Founding Chairman and CEO resigned, and to me that is the death knell of investing in this company. Bet you they have been selling.
    Last edited by Balance; 18-10-2017 at 08:52 AM.

I dumped all my holdings yesterday - took a small bath but not too bad. Have transferred to Galaxy. Will still watch this one however.

They have chosen to create a new product to reduce arthritis in dogs...that's before they have attempted to sell their product to humans! (Outside of nz)...I'm no pharmacologist...I'm also no great expert in fundamentals...but I don't see how this is a long or short term investment?

The heart and sole of Arthrem is Artemisia annua extract - sweet wormwood

Artemisia annua has been proven to inhibit one of the Cytokines TNFa ( tumor necrosis factor alpha ) - TNFa signals the immune system to create inflammation where it think it is needed.
    Inhibit TNFa and you break the production chain of inflammation.
    https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4298291/

50 ug/ml dosage of Artemisia annua (Aa extract) inhibits the production of TNFa by 100%

Artemisia annua has also been proven to inhibit PGE2 ( Prostaglandin E2 )

http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1002/eji.200838969/full
    https://www.hindawi.com/journals/arthritis/2012/239310/

Prostaglandins are small potent inflammatory mediators that are generated by the release of arachidonic acid from the membrane phospholipids. Subsequently, cyclooxygenase and Prostaglandin synthase enzymes metabolize
    arachidonic acid to prostaglandins including PGE2, PGF2α, PGD2, PGI2 (prostacyclin), and TXA2(thromboxane), that play pivotal roles in the modulation of physiological systems, such as CNS, and the inflammatory and immune responses.

More studies are to come - "Preliminary investigations were also conducted on the ability of A. annua to modulate production of the cyclooxygenase (COX) inflammatory mark"

The main ingredient is clearly attributable to a reduction in inflammation... this could expand far beyond arthritis alone.

Would I invest currently? - watching it closely and giving it a year or two... I don't know their plans for marketing and label expansion for one of the only natural inhibitors of
    inflammation on the market.
    It is a shame as this product in the hands of one of the bigger companies could be selling rather well.
    Last edited by hardt; 18-10-2017 at 06:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by artemis View Post

Local research funded by Promisa? - not scientific enough for myself but not to say it isn't accurate. I have read a mixed bag of reviews for the product. But the research focuses on the plant extract itself. Which I assume is owned by mother earth and can be grown commercially by anybody. Promisa's only real advantage is getting to market first - but just the NZ market.

Canine arthritis is a very small market compared to that of us mere humans. The time and money spent developing and releasing a canine product to market might have been better spent establishing the Arthrem brand beyond NZ's shores.

Its hard to see where they can take this now.

Maybe the canine option will give them a niche they can take further afield.

Local research funded by Promisa? - not scientific enough for myself but not to say it isn't accurate. I have read a mixed bag of reviews for the product. But the research focuses on the plant extract itself. Which I assume is owned by mother earth and can be grown commercially by anybody. Promisa's only real advantage is getting to market first - but just the NZ market.

Canine arthritis is a very small market compared to that of us mere humans. The time and money spent developing and releasing a canine product to market might have been better spent establishing the Arthrem brand beyond NZ's shores.

Its hard to see where they can take this now.

Maybe the canine option will give them a niche they can take further afield.
    Without patent and IP protection - waste of time unless PIL can launch and obtain scale quickly.

https://www.nzx.com/companies/PIL/announcements/308951

3rd Quarter 2017 sales = $516,336

Funny how the company does not disclose previous year's equivalent quarter sales (unlike previous releases boasting of huge %tage growth in sales) so a bit of digging shows:

3rd Quarter 2016 sales = $833,009

Sales has dropped 38% !!!!!!!

Deceitful, misleading and thoroughly dishonest sort of update to the market.

Game over.
    Last edited by Balance; 19-10-2017 at 10:30 AM.

Interesting that the SP is up today