sharetrader
Page 15 of 30 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617181925 ... LastLast
    Outside thinking.

Good work Balance. Not sure if I would be calling it as 'game over', tho' clearly much depending on their success (or otherwise) in NSW in the first half of 2018. Clearly a challenge ahead for the new CEO.

Advanced Member

Hundreds of thousands of dogs in NZ - 28% of households have one or more - and 1 in 5 of those will develop osteoarthritis.

Vet bills and prescriptions are expensive. A natural remedy that works and is cheaper will be attractive to dog owners. Promisia has invested time and money into making their product palatable for dogs.

Early days yet but good outlook IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by artemis View Post
    Hundreds of thousands of dogs in NZ - 28% of households have one or more - and 1 in 5 of those will develop osteoarthritis.

Vet bills and prescriptions are expensive. A natural remedy that works and is cheaper will be attractive to dog owners. Promisia has invested time and money into making their product palatable for dogs.

Early days yet but good outlook IMO.
    Ideally, you would need the drug peddled ( used the word lightly ) through veterinarians as opposed to over the counter.

We pay about $20 a month for my dogs arthritis medication, only needing to see a vet every 6 months for a check up.

And with Arthrem the problems are the price point, lack of marketing and that majority of the consumers of arthritis medication follow doctors suggestions/orders.

Even if it works ( like everything else on the market claims to ) $40 a bottle could be considered steep - where repeat prescription drugs are closer to $15.
    Last edited by hardt; 21-10-2017 at 12:34 PM.

http://www.redseal.co.nz/product/red...BoCOA0QAvD_BwE

Red seal has 30x300mg Artemisia annua capsules and grapeseed ( 1month supply ) for $25nzd

Exact replica of Arthrem dosage.

Not sure what competitive advantage PIL has, without IP protection the larger companies will be racing to the bottom and bump them out of the picture.

Quote Originally Posted by hardt View Post
    http://www.redseal.co.nz/product/red...BoCOA0QAvD_BwE

Red seal has 30x300mg Artemisia annua capsules and grapeseed ( 1month supply ) for $25nzd

Exact replica of Arthrem dosage.

Not sure what competitive advantage PIL has, without IP protection the larger companies will be racing to the bottom and bump them out of the picture.
    Another copy cat knock off like Go H.
    Or have they done proper clinical trials like
    Arthrem?
    Artemisia certainly has credibility but effectiveness depends on the quality of the input people say.

Quote Originally Posted by Lola View Post
    Another copy cat knock off like Go H.
    Or have they done proper clinical trials like
    Arthrem?
    Artemisia certainly has credibility but effectiveness depends on the quality of the input people say.
    Without patent or IP protection, chemists these days can analyze and reproduce any medications to the last chemical microns.

As long as Go H and Red Seal have got the Chemists and Pharmacists convinced that their products deliver the same effects at half the cost, only one way for PIL's sales and margins to go.

Sad but true.
    Last edited by Balance; 29-10-2017 at 10:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    Without patent or IP protection, chemists these days can analyze and reproduce any medications to the last chemical microns.

As long as Go H and Red Seal have got the Chemists and Pharmacists convinced that their products deliver the same effects at half the cost, only one way for PIL's sales and margins to go.

Sad but true.
    Are you a chemist too?
    No one fears competition if its a level playing field.
    Well done on getting to number 207 or whatever in the share picks btw. That’s an improvement.
    Arthrem is still the only natural product out there that’s had the confidence to put itself through proper clinical tests .
    Time will tell. No doubt more artemisia based stuff will be on the shelves in time adding to consumers choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Lola View Post
    Are you a chemist too?
    No one fears competition if its a level playing field.
    Well done on getting to number 207 or whatever in the share picks btw. That’s an improvement.
    Arthrem is still the only natural product out there that’s had the confidence to put itself through proper clinical tests .
    Time will tell. No doubt more artemisia based stuff will be on the shelves in time adding to consumers choice.
    By way of background, I was asked to have a close look at PIL when one of my friends started using Arthrem and said it was doing wonders for him.

I backed off investing after analyzing the company when I referred the medication to another friend who is in the pharmaceutical industry for his view. First point he made is that there is no patent or IP protection and the ingredients are easily obtainable. Second point he made is that any medication requires massive spending on promotion and advertising to obtain scale - why the industry is dominated by the big boys.

I completely wrote off the stock as one to invest in when the Chairman and CEO both resigned over the last 2 years even while the company reported spectacular tripe and double digit growth in sales. It is very very telling how little future they see in this company to leave the company just when the sales are coming through. Smells too much to me like a good time to sell down their shareholdings without scrutiny imo.

So relax, Lola before you need to swallow a few dozen Arthrem to calm your nerves down

PS. You may be interested to note that the stocks selected under my name (kindly by PT) are precisely the stocks I tell posters here to avoid like HIV. And they are performing exactly as they should!
    Last edited by Balance; 30-10-2017 at 05:52 AM.

Any news on Promisia? They have gone very quiet. Had big hopes for them in 2017. Wonder how the K9 and Aussie launch have gone?

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by bulyak View Post
    Any news on Promisia? They have gone very quiet. Had big hopes for them in 2017. Wonder how the K9 and Aussie launch have gone?
    Probably too early for much news, as only a very few weeks since both launched.

One stat about Arthrem. Back in July I checked the monthly site visit ranking for the Aust Arthrem site on URLMETRICS as a bit of a baseline. (I know, sad life!) Then the site was ranked at #1,119,463. It is now ranked at #908,035.

Not exactly going viral, but still a decent rise up the ranks. May mean nothing much in terms of sales.