sharetrader
Page 2 of 30 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    Advanced Member

Half year report to 30 June released. Link below. Projections suggest cash flow positive by end of 2016. Capital raising coming. Also coming 3 new products in the pipeline.

Interesting that artemisia annua is the basis for the malaria treatment which has just got a Nobel prize. PIL was pursuing the malaria angle when they found that folk in those trials got arthritis relief.

Extract

Sales in New Zealand are exceeding budgets and growing. There has been
    a large increase in the average monthly sales since May 2015 when the company
    announced the positive preliminary clinical trial findings. Sales of the company’s
    flagship product Arthrem® have increased by more than 150% compared to the
    previous 12 month average monthly sales.
    The company has had some sales success in the United States but is awaiting
    publication of its clinical trial results before embarking on a concerted public relations
    campaign. The US e-commerce platform is fully operational and a soft launch in June
    exceeded budget. Promisia is testing various offerings in an effort to determine the
    most effective sales strategy. The US market represents the greatest opportunity
    for Promisia to increase revenues. The market is approximately 90 times larger
    than New Zealand and it carries with it a higher level of discretionary spending.

http://www.promisia.com/financial-reports.

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by artemis View Post
    Fur baby - common name for a pet treated like one of the family. I used it rather tongue in cheek to indicate that folk with fur babies often spend big on them, as they would for a human child.

Subscription is for capsules.

No, my user name is complete coincidence, and relates to the Greek myth. I am a shareholder, however, and was one long before this product was even thought of.

The Principal Scientist at PIL said the Rheumatology Research Unit was very pleased with the results.

As I type this, another coincidence, NBR Radio is broadcasting quite a lengthy item on PIL and Arthrem.
    Bit of action lately. Rights issue which was flagged has kept a lid on the price. But this will lift soon I guess. Quite a good announcement from the chairman yesterday confirming publication of the Clinical Trials in an international medical journal called Clinical Rheumatology. Those outfits are widely read and followed by the professionals. Due diligence should include visiting a pharmacy or two and just asking about the stuff.

I think this will be a big year for PIL coming up . Turning cashflow positive, breaking into USA and Australia market on a bigger scale. Enough cash in the bank to get them on the way now for some serious growth.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by bung5 View Post
    I think this will be a big year for PIL coming up . Turning cashflow positive, breaking into USA and Australia market on a bigger scale. Enough cash in the bank to get them on the way now for some serious growth.
    You might be right Bung. They seem to be quietly achieving set targets that new management have set themselves. Promising....no pun intended.

Advanced Member

Couple of updates from the recent annual shareholder meeting.

A lot of effort has gone into supporting and upgrading the online global sales platform.

Plenty of TV ads (using real people not actors) and this is boosting sales (revenue more than the ad spend). Good idea to trial in NZ which is usually regarded as a good test bed. Plus there was an article earlier this year about a young cyclist who took Arthrem with good results, and sales spiked.

An independent pharmacy sales company told PIL recently that Arthrem was the fastest moving single product in pharmacies in the June quarter.

Canine version of Arthrem not ready for release yet. So far only palatable for 70% of breeds, which is too low, they are working on it.

PIL have stopped NZ pharmacies from selling Arthrem via their websites as the information given was not what PIL wanted) not sure why). Plus PIL margin is better if they sell direct from the PIL website. Seems like a mistake to me. Surely a problem which has been solved many times.

Overall they are optimistic about revenue and thus share price. We'll see, but they do seem to be laying very good groundwork.

Joined today whoever else is trying to buy at 0.023c The marketing model seems good to me having been in that game myself 24 years now! There will be a point of critical mass where things start to roll along positively without so much "forcing" , or even completely go off! Gotta be in for the chance of that. Discl. I got first bad dose of hip-socket arthritis a year ago!

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by jim9358 View Post
    Joined today whoever else is trying to buy at 0.023c The marketing model seems good to me having been in that game myself 24 years now! There will be a point of critical mass where things start to roll along positively without so much "forcing" , or even completely go off! Gotta be in for the chance of that. Discl. I got first bad dose of hip-socket arthritis a year ago!
    What is your opinion of PIL no longer allowing online sales In NZ from pharmacy retailers?

Hmmm, suddenly there's a bit of a run on the SP... Is the Half Year results out tomorrow? Perhaps someone has a whiff of what's coming...

"Oh, the old grey mare, she ain't what she used to be, ain't what she used to be, ain't what she used to be."

Quote Originally Posted by artemis View Post
    What is your opinion of PIL no longer allowing online sales In NZ from pharmacy retailers?
    I can understand that, in that retailers get lazy about generating sales in-store. Then all that happens is a price-war gets going across the net. The supplier wants the brick-n-mortar store to capture the people in their neighbourhood with the product.

Interesting that last time I went to local pharmacy for a prevent cold/flue remedy they chucked an Arthrem pamphlet in the bag: Perfect! Strategy is working. ;-)

Seems whoever they have got on-board, or from outside, directing their marketing they are quite good! ...it is a very tough (precision required) game in the small market (pop.n) of NZ!
    Last edited by jim9358; 25-08-2016 at 02:01 PM.

I see that last year's report was released 4.30pm last Friday in August so expect the same again - tomorrow. Could be the next BLT!

"Oh, the old grey mare, she ain't what she used to be, ain't what she used to be, ain't what she used to be."